✓ Level - 34

I do not know how much time I spend staring at the ring...

All frozen...

And, quiet...

I feel like someone has stabbed my heart.

Why?

What was I expecting?

I do not react when I feel a sudden tap on my shoulder,"Miss Dragon?"
I slowly turn around, and find Mr. Park standing there with a worried look on his face.
He mutters,"Are you okay-"
And, everything around me fades into the dark night.

_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

I wake up hearing the chirping of birds outside. I just lie in bed, staring at the ceiling, trying to decide what exactly happened. I discreetly look around the room and find nobody else here.

But something catches my eyes...

The ring that SeokJin gave me is kept on the bedside table.

I grab the ring from the table, sitting up, and examine it skeptically.

I did not put it there.

Who did it?

Mr. Park?

Em?

Just when I am thinking about it, the door opens, revealing Em herself. She closes the door boredly before turning towards the bed. She looks at me with wide eyes,"You are awake!"
I remain silent as she makes her way towards me,"Are you alright, My Lady?"
I slightly nod,"I guess."
She leaves a sigh of relief,"Thank goodness. If something had happened to you and His Highness got to know, he would kill all of us."
As soon as she says that, I ask eagerly,"Is Hoseok back yet?"
She answers with knitted brows,"Yes. He came back a few hours ago."

I am about to say something in return, but she is quick to talk,"Oh, I need to tell you something. Mr. Park has asked you to take the day off and rest well since you lost your conciousness last night."
I repeat in confusion,"Take the day off?"

At that moment, the whole evening flashes before my eyes.
Jungkook...
He cannot stay there like that. There is no way I can let it go, when I know what is happening to him. I need to speak with Hoseok and negotiate.
And, this time... I will definitely settle things down.

But if I take the day off and stay in this room, it means that the possibility of seeing Hoseok will be low.
I may not even see him at all.
No, this will not do.

I stare at Em, furrowing my brows,"But I am fine. I can work."
She shakes her head and speaks sincerely,"You do not have to work. Do not worry-"
I yell impatiently,"I said, I will work!"
She just stares at me with a hopeless look on her face.
She lets out a breath of frustration,"Do whatever you want"
My mood changes right away and I flash her a toothy smile. She turns on her heels indicating that our conversation is done for now.

I look down at the ring in my hand.

Now where do I keep it?

I open the drawer in the bedside table and put the ring there. I stare at it for a few seconds and then close the drawer hurriedly, before I end up being overwhelmed with emotions.

_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

I am following Em in the palace grounds.... to get to the royal laundry. She said that I am supposed to work there today. It is so strange that I do not have any fixed tasks to do. It is likely that they do not even need my assistance. But they are forcing a role on me because they were told to do so.