Chapter 25

As soon as Ino and Hinata's planes had touched down, they were able to reach her and Ino had planned that they meet at a restaurant beside the university the next day. She said something about being eaten up from the inside and that she had a lot of questions to ask her. Sakura anticipated just how much.

The next day, after they had exchanged pleasantries and Ino had hugged the life out of her, they were seated at the table and had ordered cups of coffee but they were quiet.

It's too quiet. Sakura thought as she observed her friends. Ino was drilling holes into her body with calculating stares and Hinata was twirling her cup in her hand. Sakura felt like she was at judgement seat. It was funny to her because this same blonde friend of hers was hugging the breath out of her a while ago. Sakura was looking at everywhere except Ino, sometimes she'd glance at Hinata who'd sheepishly smile and look away. No clue, huh.

She cleared her throat and decided to hold Ino's gaze. "So, how was your journey?"

Hinata looked up and smiled. "Mine was great..."

"Our journeys can wait." Ino narrowed her eyes at the pinkette who widened her eyes at her.

What did I do? She seemed to say.

"You have a boyfriend that I didn't know about." Ino said, as a matter-of-fact.

Right. She remembered that was what Gaara told them. How would she put this? "Ehn... it's... I ... yes." She averted her gaze. Was that really okay? Was that really what she should've answered?

Ino raised one brow as she leaned forward, propping her elbows up on the table beside the menus and cups. "Really?"

Sakura sighed subtly. It's now or never. "Yes."

Ino tapped a finger unto the table until a broad smile broke out on her face. "To think that you would be able to bag a man sooner than two years."

Sakura glared at her mockingly. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Hinata laughed softly and Ino continued to chuckle. "I'm just joking. No man would be able to say no to you, I mean, look at you, your forehead is as proud as ever and your character is like a mountain hike, sweet but unpredictable, you're gorgeous."

Is that supposed to be a compliment?Sakura rolled her eyes playfully, waving a hand dismissively. "I could say the same about you. You just came back and you look like you walked out of a bird's nest."

Ino gasped, placing a hand on her heart dramatically. "This," she motioned her hand over her vintage stylish attire which looked like a band of inflated clothing plus the colourful feathers on a top hat, "is a Victorian work of art, a piece of peacock's personality. It is fashion."

Sakura groaned. A peacock's personality? "Kinda wished you never took literature. You're abusing it." She smirked at her, raising her cup.

Ino shook her head at her as she raised hers and clinked it with the pinkette and bluenette. "So, who's the guy?" She hummed and bounced her eyebrows.

Sakura's hand froze, her cup stopping midway to her lips. Who's the guy? She laughed nervously as she put the cup down.

"Hmm?" Ino took a sip, watching Sakura.

"His name is Sasuke." She said as simply as she could. She didn't want to try explaining the other world and the supernatural beings to them, maybe later, but not now.

"Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke." Ino probed her mind. "I don't think I..... wait." The time Sakura passed out after hearing the news of Uncle Rasa's death and a tall, intimidating but good looking man showing up, came flooding into her mind. Her eyes widened as she remembered. "Sasuke?!"