Chapter 35

The next say, Sakura was taken to the Queen's chambers. It was large and beautiful. It looked more like a banquet. There were different types of flowers in exquisitely patterned vases by the walls and on the window sill of the big room. The bed was a separate section from the lounge but they were all constructed in one spacious room. Sakura was amazed at everything that stood before her and as she laid her eyes on the Queen, her jaw dropped.

The Queen was standing infront of the window, facing her with a smile. The sunlight found its way through the window, pronouncing the Queen's physique, giving it an artistic appearance. She had snowy white skin and a slim stature which was hidden under the heavy looking, jewelry adorned flowery Jūnihitoe, but with less kimono layers. It was shimmering in its different shades of red and the outfit didn't need any investigation to proof that it was an extraordinary classic, meant only for royalty.

Apart from the fact that the Queen was dressed in an expensive attire, to look upon her face felt like a crime.

Her hair was tied up in an artistic way. It looked like a gnome, but it was adorned with jewels and held up with different kinds of Kanzashi, long golden hairpins. Her eyebrows were archy and jet black, complimenting her dark doe eyes. Her nose stood straight and proud. Her light-red coloured heart shaped lips were small and plump. Over all, she looked...

"Beautiful." Dumbfounded as she was, Sakura's lips made a sentence. "You're beautiful."

Koiko coughed and the Queen chuckled lightly. She seemed pleased. "Thank you, Sakura. You're beautiful as well."

Sakura looked away shyly as the Queen walked away from the window, gracefully, taking a seat by a peach coloured high stool which had cups of traditional tea on it.

Sakura quickly took a deep breath before she walked stiffly up to the table and sat on one of the golden rimmed chairs. She felt uncomfortable. She was having breakfast with Sasuke's mother, who was a QUEEN, a gorgeous one at that. Who would feel at ease?

"Sasuke's mate, huh?" The Queen began as she sipped from her cup of tea gently.

Sakura nodded stiffly, smiling forcefully. "Y..yes your majesty." She bowed. "It's an honour to be in your presence."

She laughed and it sounded like someone had cashed out. Her voice was brilliant and mirthful.

"Call me Mikoto, dear."

Koiko raised her eyebrows from where she stood behind them and watched as Sakura almost stammered. "Of course not, your majesty. I couldn't possibly....."

"It's okay, just be yourself." The Queen said. "We wouldn't possibly have fun if one of us isn't comfortable."

Sakura blinked as her fidgeting stopped and she straightened on her seat. She smiled at her. "You're right, your majesty, but I wouldn't dare take advantage of it."

The Queen blew raspberries. "I expected that." She continued. "Tell me, how have your days been in Isekai?"

Sakura hummed, racking her memory lane. "I've been unconscious most of the time so I don't think I've had much experience. This place is unfamiliar to me anyways."

"I see." She sipped from her cup. "How has Sasuke been treating you? I hope he hasn't been cold and rude to you?"

Sakura smiled. "We had our moments. A relationship must include arguments and all of that, but even that could lead to something beautiful. It's worth the while."

Mikoto noticed how red Sakura's face was becoming and she hid a knowing smile. "That's good. He doesn't really like the idea of having a mate. I'm glad you came along, Sakura. By the look of things, it seems you handle him just fine."