Chapter 33

Ras' beast was first to deliver a blow. He pummeled a clawed fist into Naruto's stomach, forming a rumbling sensation at the center as it sent him sprawling backwards, falling to the ground with a grave impact. The blood moon pack cooed as they moved back, giving more space to the fighting beasts, and as their Alpha stood tall and proud with flaring stunt risen upwards.

Shikamaru's brows lifted. Bad start, Naruto.

Don't start with me.

He could hear Naruto's growl through the mind link as his beast staggered to his feet, glaring at the Alpha beast with contempt.

Ras was quick. He went after the Beta and pounded a powerful punch unto his chin, consistently hitting him without giving him a chance to recover. Then he mustered all his strength to his calf and kicked Naruto hard by the ribs. 

Naruto was sent flying again, breaking through tree trunks until his back fell against one and he slumped to the ground. Before he could get to his feet, the Alpha was already in front of him, raising a claw. On instinct, Naruto brought his limbs to his face to shield it but Ras was able to land a deadly punch, breaking few bones. Helplessly, Naruto let his hands fall to the side and watched as Ras speedily hit his face.

He staggered back, breathing heavily. Blood dripped from his stunt and mouth, but he wasn't concerned about it.

The blood moon pack cheered as their Alpha squinted his eyes at the beast before him, irritated.

Naruto knew that look. He needed no one to tell him. The Alpha was undermining him as usual but it didn't infuriate him as the thought of Ras not apologizing to the villagers for his wrong doings.

Naruto's brows drew together ferociously. Don't look at me like that.

It was quick. Nobody expected it. They only saw two shades of colour, and that was all.

Naruto had recovered quickly and had rammed a fist into Ras' jaw, sending him staggering a few feet back. And he didn't stop there.

He headbutt so him hard that blood spewed out and clawed at his face and body. Ras got a hold of himself and caught his claw, hitting him fast with his own. He grabbed his head and smashed it to the ground, pounding it until it was merged with soil and blood.

Ras raised his limb to offer a finishing blow but was cut short when Naruto held it, mustering all his strength to keep it captive as he sunk his claws into the skin of the Alpha.

Ras staggered back lightheadedly, staring at Naurto as he rose to his feet. A moment of silence passed between them as they stared and growled at each other.

Then they rushed in, pulling out their claws. Ras reached out first, digging his claws into Naruto's face and pulling out a chunk of flesh from his cheek. He pushed another into his stomach and pierced it until his hand came out from behind.

Naruto coughed, spilling out thick dark blood, but as he stared at the smirk on Ras' face, he thought. This idiot will not learn his lesson if I die here.

As Ras twisted his hand in Naruto, laughing at the Beta with his eyes as he cried out, he took hold of the Alpha's arm, tightly securing his hand over his arm and forcefully ripping it apart from the joints.

Ras let go of Naruto's insides instantly. He moved away from him and stared in disbelief at his ripped limb on the ground and the blood that was pouring out from his flesh.

Naruto didn't give him time to think. Hastily, without showing regard to the blood streaming out of the hole in his stomach, he launched himself at Ras and held his neck in a tight grip.