(2) Family Colour

beauty resides in things that people pay no mind
to brush past, to ignore, to allow perfection to fade
why must the world be so blind? 
perhaps the beauty of your art is so strong, they are afraid

"I wish I came out after Eloise," Josie huffed as she fell dramatically against the sofa. Beatrice wanted to look over at Benedict that she told him so but unfortunately, he was not there. After the chaos that ran through the Ton, the Fletcher family made their way back to the Rosemary Manor. 

A smile pulled across Bea's face as she watched Cami run over to the piano and begin playing. She had been itching to finish a melody she had working on all day. Maxie followed the girl, eager to see what she was up to. 

"You were perfect," Susie told the girl, her eyes flicking up from baby Fredrick in her arms to her sister. Charles nodded from beside her. "I am glad we got you out there. Now, I assume you attended dance lessons while I was gone?" Susie carefully handed her child over to her husband as she glanced over at Josie and Bea. 

Josie's head shot up, her eyes wide as she looked over at Beatrice. Bea sucked in a breath as she met the younger girl's stare. Susie and Charles had been gone for so long that Bea had to take over the house. She had become strict on the rules of the house that Susie had thought unimportant and let the kids beg for a pastime that was not French. 

Dance lessons for Josie had fallen into the latter. 

"Of course," Bea lied. Susie raised her eyebrow at the girl. 

"Sure?" 

"No!" Josie yelled, once again falling back against the cushions. Susie let out a small laugh as Bea scoffed. "I have not attended dance lessons since you left." 

"Josie!" 

"Bea!" 

"You are supposed to be on my side," Bea frowned at the girl. Josie covered her face and groaned, loudly. 

"I apologise," she mumbled. Susie placed her hands on her hips as she looked between the two girls. 

"Alright, we need to change that," she spoke, her eyes looking over the room. "Maxwell have you?" 

"I apologise but I cannot hear you, sister," Maxie said, his eyes stuck on the keys of the piano. 

"Sister, I have been!" Cami exclaimed a wide smile pulled across her lips. The melody stopped as she looked at her eldest sister. Susie nodded at the girl. 

"You can help your sister," Susie told Cami, making her squeal in joy as Josie groaned once again. Charles let out a laugh. Bea looked over at the boy, her eyes being pulled down to the sleeping baby. 

"It should not be a hard task," Charles spoke up, an amused smile on his lips. 

"Until I lose my big toe," Josie retaliated. Bea frowned. She let out a laugh and made her way over to the sofa. She sat down next to the girl and pushed her hair from her face. 

"My toes are just fine," Bea told the girl. "Yours should be fine too." Josie pouted making Bea laugh. "Do the lessons, dance with your sister or your brother for practice and then it is over."