Chapter 3

Two Years Later

"Kieran! You get the back door. I'll get the front. We can't let him get away again!" I whisper yelled to Kieran as we ran towards the house of our current target.

I hopped up the front steps and tried the door. The idiot left it unlocked. I shook my head and chuckled at how easy he was making this. I slowly opened the door and aimed my gun.

I stalked into the room and checked everywhere to make sure the bastard wouldn't catch me off guard again. I heard a bang come from the kitchen and in a flash my gun was up and I was moving towards the doorway. I waltzed into the kitchen and immediately saw Kieran and the man fighting.

Kieran noticed me and he made a signal to shoot the guy. As the two males fought I moved to where I could get a clean shot at the guy.

"Don't move." I growled at the man. The man froze and Kieran pulled out his gun and aimed.

"Where is Chloe?" I snarled. This man had managed to kidnap Chloe. Gale had come home all worked up over the fact that Chloe had been taken.

Kieran and I had instantly gone to Howard and told him. He then assigned the two of us to the new case of saving Chloe and killing this man. Finding him had not been easy at all. We had to be extra careful due to the fact that he had one of our agents. We couldn't get any help from anyone. We had to do it entirely on our own. Which, when trying to find someone that is trained to hide from agents like us, is not an easy thing to do.

Finally, after a month of looking we had found out his current address. Kieran, Gale, and I had gone to the house and found him there along with five other men. While the five men caught us off guard he had escaped with Chloe. Kieran had been furious.

So now that leaves us here. Gale had been hospitalized due to being shot in the leg and the bone being broken meant it was just the two of us. But this man wasn't expecting us. So that made it ten times easier to return the favor and catch him off guard.

"Downstairs in the basement." He said with a grim look.

I walked over to the table and picked up the pair of handcuffs that had been conviently placed there. I walked back over to him and cuffed his hands. I grabbed his neck with one hand and the cuffs with my other. I led him towards the basement door and Kieran opened it. Me and the man walked down the stairs and once at the bottom I motioned for Kieran to search while I held him.

Two minutes later I heard Kieran shout Chloe's name. I heard him open something. A couple seconds later he reappeared with Chloe in his arms. She was staring out into space like she was drugged.

I pushed the guy up the stairs with Kieran and Chloe close behind me.

"Take Chloe out to the car. Ill be out in a second." I said to Kieran. He nodded once before he left with her in his arms. As soon as they were gone I pushed the guy to the ground and shot his knee caps.

"Should I shoot you in the head, or should I burn down your house? Which sounds better to you?" I snarled as I crouched down next to him.

He just screamed in pain. He tried to move so I grabbed his arms and dragged him towards a closet. He screamed and cried out as I shoved him in the closet before grabbing the lighter off the shelf.

"How convenient. I think I'll burn the house and let you suffer. Have a nice time burning." I snarled as I shut the door and locked it from the outside.

I walked into the garage and grabbed some matches. I searched around for something that would have gas in it or a gas can.

Finally I found two full gas cans hidden in a cabinet. I grabbed the two and began pouring them all over the house. I poured them in front of doors and windows that way if he did manage to get out of the closet he wouldn't be able to leave the house. We couldn't afford for this man to live.