On The Grind

The three adults looked over the plethora of different items they could get, contemplating which ones to tackle first. Off to the side, Taffyta, Rancis and Vanellope looked over books Spamley had collected to help them get more accustomed to the way of the internet, and Candlehead played with Gord. Despite how emotionless the assistant was, he seemed to enjoy the attention.

Ralph picked up a card for some golden shoes from a sports game. "This one seems pretty safe to get as a sort of first snag."

"I agree Ralph", Felix said. "Only thing is... we won't get a lot of money from it..."

"Well that's how it works", Spamley said as he leaned against his desk. "The easier items are usually more common, and thus are more cheap pay-out wise. Usually, these people are scalpers who want to sell it for a bloated price elsewhere, they just use my site as a bridging point a lot of the time."

"The more I hear the more I hate this place", Calhoun said. "I knew some basic stuff, but this is just..." She trailed off with a sigh. "For Sugar Rush, this is for Sugar Rush..." Felix pat her back reassuringly, the two of them clearly having a moral panic about this.

Ralph gave her a sad look of understanding, then faced Spamley as he looked over some of the items. "We'll take these smaller jobs, Spamley. For right now, so we can get a lay of the land and better understanding of this."

"Good call, Ralph!" The pop-up said happily. "It's why I have all of these ones out. These are really easy targets that you could go and get with no effort, so it;s a good jumping off point."

"That was very courteous of you, Spamley", Felix said with a grateful smile, then looked down at the cards. "Okay, so me and Tammy will take these three... and take Taffyta and Candlehead with us." As Felix gathered up the items, he looked at Ralph. "You, Vanellope and Rancis can take a different three. If we split up, we can get more done faster."

"You got it, Handyman!" Vanellope said, sounding optimistic. Although Ralph did still catch the tone of uncertainty and anxiousness buried underneath.

"Alright! You guys know where to find me, so just find a search engine and make your back after getting the stuff!"

The group all nodded and made their way out, Candlehead bidding a sad farewell to Gord as they all headed back to the outside. As per Spamley's instructions, there was a docking station for user vehicles nearby, with a small panel to select a destination.

"Well, we'll keep in touch", Calhoun said as she tapped away at the pad. "So best of luck to you soldiers. If anything goes wrong, tell us."

"You got it Calhoun", Ralph said with a smile and nod. "Good luck to you guys."

The sergeant and wrecker shared a handshake before they departed, leaving himself, Vanellope and Rancis alone at the platforms.

"You two ready to get going?" Ralph asked the two racers.

"Yeah, let's get going Ralph", Rancis said with a light smile.

"The sooner we do this, the better", Vanellope said bluntly.

The wrecker nodded and pulled out one of the cards. He was planning to check out that wizard game for the amulet. So he typed the game up into the console, pressed the enter key, and a vehicle spawned before them. The two racers climbed in and Ralph latched onto the back like usual, and when they were situated, they were off. The transport rose up till it could line up with all the other transports, thus giving them a smooth ride.

"I hope we don't run into another jam", Rancis said in mild worry. "Because if we do... we might not have enough time."

"Here's hoping this will help out in some way", Vanellope said, looking ahead with a scowl. "Because I'm not letting us get this far only to be road blocked. I'll even glitch us if I have to."