Just Like A Fairytale...

Vanellope glitched through the curtain and behind some miscellaneous props, catching her breath as she let the situation process in her mind. So she was on the run from Stormtroopers in one of the internet's most secure websites, and could eventually have superheroes after her if she didn't get out ASAP. She took a deep and slow shuddering breath, leaning against the cut-out of the Seven Dwarfs she was hiding behind.

"Okay, Vanny", she whispered to herself. "Just gotta slip past an army to get out. Then you will rush to Maybe, and get the heck outta here!"

She took a more relaxed breath. "Just think about Ralph. Just think about the others. Don't let anything get to you..."

She shook her head, and relaxed significantly. Her glitch wasn't as frantic, and her eyes weren't as wild. She was still terrified, don't get that wrong, but she was at least stable enough to focus.

At least, that was until she heard a plethora of marching footsteps coming down the hall past her. Some of the people marching by stopped, talking between each other.

"Where do you think that kid went?" A woman's voice sounded off, seemingly asking a coworker.

"Wilde said he saw her dash in here", another voice, obviously a Stormtrooper, responded. "But where in here is beyond me. This whole place is like a maze..."

"Remember, Nick Fury wants her found and questioned", the first voice said sternly. "So make sure your blaster is on stun. Even if she seems to be a malware or virus of some kind, she's still just a kid. So be careful."

The control Vanellope gained on herself was immediately lost when she heard that. Taken in and questioned? Blasters set to stun? They thought she was some kind of virus! Her heart started to race as she ducked down lower and held back a fearful whimper, her mind running a mile a minute.

"I know, I know..." The Stormtrooper grumbled in annoyance at his coworker. "Trust me, even if I wanted to, the mouse would hate it. This place wouldn't allow that, no matter what."

"Good. C'mon, let's check out the west wing. Maybe she's hiding with Strange."

"He always dragged in whatever he wanted into this site..." The Stormtrooper finished with a sigh, and Vanellope heard them both march off. Carefully glancing around the cut-out, she saw no one around, with dead silence to greet her.

As she looked around in fear, she felt something warm suddenly appear on her face. Putting a hand to her cheek, she was shocked to realise she had started to silently cry, tears running down her face as the stress and anxiety hit its peak. She sniffled and shook her head, closing her eyes and wiping her face so she didn't get distracted. Even with blurry vision, she continued along her way, sneaking through the backstage hallways that bent and twisted around like a mess of wires in a machine.

There was no obvious map anywhere, so she was completely blind at what was where. Which was only made worse by her glassy, tear-filled eyes and the amounting stress that only kept growing more and more.

Occasionally, the racer would have to duck behind any sort of storage or interior decorating whenever someone would walk by, whether it be more Stormtroopers, and of the characters that lived in the site, or what looked to be walking brooms carrying buckets of water in each hand. It was a nightmare.

As she passed by another doorway that led to the site proper, she glanced out when she heard voices not that far away.

"Do you think she got away?" One voice asked, the accent unknown to the candy president. "Because it's been almost been an hour."

"I don't think so", a second voice said. "Clones are stationed at the main exit, with some of Thanos' goons are guarding the exits from the east employee side. And nothing's been set off, so..."