Moving Out

Max was doing his ordinary thing: reading, when it happened.  It was late at night, and Max was reading. Nothing out of the ordinary was going on, just a normal Friday night, have dinner, read, go to bed. All of a sudden, a sound was picked up, at first, they just dismissed the absurd idea that somebody was in the back garden. However, the second time it happened, the Mortins chose to investigate. Nobody appeared to be anywhere. Then, out of nowhere, two red, blazing lights flashed and seemed to be levitating. Max grabbed hold of a pillow and showed a brave face (in truth, he was terrified).  out what

The bulbs that defied gravity were now moving closer, what were they? Mr. Mortin gripped on to his son. Abruptly, further back in the garden, another pair of eyes, this time green, beamed really brightly. Then, another pair, and another pair. They were sparkling as radiant as the sun, when there were about a dozen of them. Max snatched a nearby torch off the table, hoping to find out what was happening.

Although, his mum had an even better idea. Rapidly, she pushed down on the T.V button. Soon, an image popped up on the screen. A news reporter was informing that these sparkling lights were everywhere, along with being robots. He was talking about how he knew what they were, though didn't have a clue what they were doing here. Apparently he was going to give us further information, but, somehow, the T.V made a screeching sound, before blanking out.

Now, the robots were in the house and appeared to have more speed, like a human. Without telling them to, Max's legs started running to the front door. At that moment, a group about the size of a small classroom, barricaded the door down with nothing but their hands, pretty impressive, yet still terrifying.

All the Mortins could do at that point was make a daring escape. An arm reached in through a shattered window and nearly grabbed Max by the shoulder, luckily, Max had noticed and backed away. There was only one place left that the robots surely couldn't invade: upstairs. The worried family rushed up the stairs to eventually, get away from the creepy things in their house.

Upstairs was a great idea, except there was one problem: it's ridiculously hard to get out from upstairs. Only one exit was possible, it had to be the window. Luckily enough, the Mortins house has an upstairs smaller than the downstairs. One room, the living room,is downstairs and the bathroom is above it, yet to the left. Therefore, they could just jump out of the bathroom window without breaking any bones.

Thankfully, the bathroom led to the front, not the back. However, somehow, robots had learnt how to get up the stairs, which was bad, because they were getting closer,nevertheless, good, since they were about to plunge themselves out of the window. Overall, the robots probably wouldn't find them.

They were running. Always running. Of course they had tried the car, though, it didn't work. Not just the idea, the car, as well.

As they turned one specific corner, a group of robots came crashing down the road. Max screamed in the highest pitched voice he had ever done, before he spurted away like a lunatic. Somehow, he had forgot about his own parents. For some reason, they wouldn't move, Max rushed back to them, telling them to come, but they still wouldn't. They had been brainwashed! And Max thought it was his fault.