Hunger takes over

Max listened out for any slight sound, that would indicate he wasn't alone. It turned out, the only noise was a whale, a wailing stomach. Up until that point, Max hadn't even considered stopping, much less eating. It felt like a stomach ache. Max was lost and knew of no food shop anywhere nearby, so there was no chance of him to come across a bakery, or a butcher's.  Now, all Max could think of was hunger, and how much of it he had. A lot. Max had a minuscule recollection of this time when he was having lunch at school. There was something with a wrapper, though Max thought it wasn't a wrapper, therefore, he ate it with a covering. He spat it out in an instant, and dropped it in his bag, not offending the school dinner ladies. Max completely cleared it out of his mind after that, clearly, it must still be there.

Max reached into his bag and grabbed the item of food. There was nothing left now but to eat it, unless Max saved it for later, considering he only had that to get his chompers on. Nevertheless, Max could feel his stomach begging for more, it was screaming for food. In fact, his whole body was shrieking, and weakening by the second. In that case, Max had to replenish his hunger, otherwise he would drop to the ground soon. Extremely soon. 

It was in a green packaging with two layers, it was the colour of blue, food colouring probably. The blue was sort of fading away on the cubic shape. The look of it was horrible, the taste, was even worse. It wasn't like rice, which seems to taste bad because it's flavourless. This was like mouldy cheese (because it was mouldy) and chewy, hard stuff, like bark. Between the wrapping and the surprise inside, Max would rather the wrapping. Actually, the thing (which cannot be called food) didn't even  help. To be completely honest it made things  worse. Max only had one decision, to keep on going. The question is: how long will he survive for?

The good thing about reading adventure books, is some of them have very useful information in them, which would come in handy some day. There was one particular form of wisdom in Max's adventure books: how to find food, anywhere. The down side about that was, Max liked books set in the jungle or anywhere in the wilderness. And Max was in the streets of somewher in Britain. That's all that Max knew of his location: he was in Britain. No other piece of information of his whereabouts. 

With no food, no parents and no happiness, Max kept trudging along for another day of his now miserable life. As Max walked with no destination, all the hairs on his body pricked up at the sound of voices. He ventured around the corner, but immediately jumped back around, for two men were arguing, for some reason. One noticed him and informed the other. They charged down the road, but when they turned the corner, Max had disappeared, down the road they had just been on, and was dashing away. The men just kept the search elsewhere, even though they were wasting their time. Max was going the opposite way. 

After a while, Max could feel his stomach ready to stop working, so he chose to rest. Max had no intention of falling asleep, because anything could happen, the robot idiots could find him, and that would be the end of him. Therefore, Max stayed with his eyes wide. There was no point though, his eyes were closed, soon enough. He fainted. He was dead to the world. Hunger had taken over.....