| 05 |

☙꧁[ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5 ]꧂☙

   To say I was a morning person would be a false statement no person in their right mind could or should believe true

To say I was a morning person would be a false statement no person in their right mind could or should believe true. Though what makes the statement ever so false could have something to do with the lack of luck that follows as my now known shadow.

   The New York life I have set for myself has only ever consisted of flavorless ramen noodles, chipped walls, and extending bills for as long as one could manage. Yet all good pauses have to go back to their regular speed.

   "You've got to be fucking kidding me!" I cry out, coming to find out my water has now been shut off. I set my toothpaste covered toothbrush down before I follow through with the urge to throw it.

   This is my own fault I suppose, it just seems as though upping my hours at work just isn't enough to make the continuous payments as needed.
   I'm sure Lucky wouldn't mind me using his sink for the morning—agreeing with my thoughts as I pack a small bag with my morning routine items inside.

   Pulling the bathroom cabinet open to grab the last of whats needed, my morning finally tips off the edge of the hill, coming to a painful landing.

   The damn cabinet door snapped off the hinges.

   I could cry, better yet, I feel the watering tears building up in the corner of my eyes as I stand in utter shock and expected disappointment, basically dropping the cabinet door on the floor from the unexpected weight and giving it a light kick.

   Rubbing my eyes before tired tears threaten to fall, "this is just going to have to wait until after work." I sigh, collecting the last of what's needed as well as grabbing a box of poptarts to complete the ongoing tradition of morning breakfast with Lucky.

   "Lucky!" I pout as he continues to laugh after I tell him how horrid my morning truly is going.

   "The whole ass cabinet door?!" he wipes the imaginary tears from the corners of his tired eyes, doing his best to suppress another flow of laughs daring to come out.

   I frown, finishing up my hair in his decorative mirror placed in the small sitting area, "now that you've laughed at me all morning and the fact that I brought poptarts, I find it only fair you give me a ride to work."

   "Like that even matters, I would have given you a ride anyways," his comment brightening my mood, "not that you would have given me much of a choice anyways." He chuckles when seeing a scowl appear on my face.

❦ ❦ ❦

   Getting to work on time thanks to Lucky has to be the only good thing that seems to be going for me this dusty blue morning.
   Yet it's become apparent after starting my shift, I can see I'm not the only one enduring this hatful morning.