| 16 |

☙꧁[ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 ]꧂☙

   "Finally I get to witness you go on an actual date

   "Finally I get to witness you go on an actual date. I nearly began questioning if you preferred different teams after the array of men at your disposal that you continue to brush aside," Lucky voices his thoughts while I finish up the last of my makeup.
He's been sliding my hangers back and forth since I began getting ready—adamant that I have to look sexy but not too sexy, girl next door but make it Jennifer's Bodies.
"Where did he even say you two were going?"

I give my hair a bit more hairspray to make sure my sleek bun holds for the night, "I'm not sure exactly but he did say it was more on the formal side," I shrug. The closer the date nears, the more my excitement lessons. "Maybe this wasn't my best idea."

I see Lucky's head snap in my direction through the mirror, "I know you did not just say that," he gives my closet one last look before snatching something and walking over. "You're wearing this, you're going to look hot, and you're going to have a good fucking date that I'll be able to vicariously live through," and that's that essentially.

I look at the dress Lucky just chose, it was one he himself gifted to me not too long ago. It had been from his first collection that he insisted I kept.
The short dark red dress twinkled under any light and though short, the high neck and longer sleeves gave it that mature formal aspect. It was beautiful but that's not a surprise if it came from Luck.

"What would I do without you?" I ask, already throwing my robe off to shimmy the dress on.

I feel his eyes roll as he's back to digging in my closet for shoes, "look ugly."

Once the dress is on, I wait for him to come over and zip me up while I shove my foot into the skinny black heel of his choosing. My eyes continue to check the time as he'll be nearing the apartment soon.

"All done!" I clap, happy to finally be fully put together and feeling happy with my reflection in the mirror. Gold hoops shaped my face with my hair being pulled back.

"Damn, I'm good," Lucky stands with a hand on his chin.
I make a 'pft' sound before walking to my kitchen where two shot glasses and a bottle is waiting for us. We decided before I had gotten ready that I would need a bit of liquid courage in me before the stress of a date takes over.
"Bottoms up Blue bear," the glass downed before I could even cheers him. Though, I was quick to down the painful liquid after him.

My phone buzzes, "he said he'll be here in five."

"Oh! I forgot to mention, I did a little snooping on your tatted devil."
I throw Lucky a pointed look, "not mine, and now why would you do that?"