| 09 |

☙꧁[ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9 ]꧂☙

   Nico barges into my apartment just as I'm preparing to leave for the night that starts a new level of time consuming prison

We have yet to speak since he walked out of the parlor from our disagreements but it wasn't a worry to either of us, wasn't the first time we've had an altercation and it won't be the last.

What I hadn't noticed was Lex not too far behind his trail.

"For fuck sake," I mutter to myself, not wanting her involved in any of this nor do I need another loving sister lecture.
"We forgive you," is all he says before going to my refrigerator.

Rolling my eyes, I grab my keys, "I didn't apologize."

"We're well aware hell would freeze over before that ever happened," Lex now standing in front of me with her arms crossed. "But we've done some thinking-"

"I don't have time for this," she side steps me, blocking my way to the door as I try to make my escape. "You're going to make me late."

"We'll be fast, just hear us out, Nix," Lex's eyebrows furrowing and concern laces her voice.
Knowing my sister, I stand there giving her a minute to explain. If I don't, she'll block my way out for the rest of the night.
"You're right, okay? Nico and the other guys are out and free, there's no reason to bring them back in for more years of torture. But, we," she points between her and Nico, "know more than anyone how much you deserve to be free."

"Where are you going with this Lex?"
"Just let us help, Nix. Even if it's behind the scenes, we can-"
"No."

She snack's my arm—not lightly might I add, "I'm not finished speaking!" A glare now present. "I'm not asking either. We will help you behind the scenes. Enzo will never know and you'll have three brains working together instead of one. You're my brother and I'm not letting you go down alone or at all."

I listen to her words. Conflict going back and forth on whether or not I'm willingly going to let my younger sister and best friend intervene in something that not only I put myself through but have dragged everyone along with me as well.

"I'll think about it," my voice finally being heard after a moment of thought, "but I really need to leave."
   It's not a lie. I'll consider ways they could possible be of use in this situation but only ways where they stay strictly behind the scenes.

"Perfect!" Nico yells from my couch, a piece of cold pizza in hand. "That's a Nix 'yes' in my book."

Lex claps in excitement, "yes, go and make sure to tell us everything that happens and Nico and I will stay and figure out options!"