Twenty-Eight

It's been a few days since Simon moved in. It's been amazing so far. He's been a real handy man. Hanging pictures for me, fixing the kitchen sink and even taking care of the yards.

Today he's teaching me to drive his truck. Unfortunately, it's an older model which has a clutch.

He took us to some dirt road so I wouldn't have other drivers in the way for my first time.

Simon ran me through the basics rather quickly in my opinion. I was doing fine at first until I missed a step.

He sighed and let me try again. It didn't help having his eyes on me and I messed up again.

"Y/N it's not that hard! Try again!"

"I can't when you're staring at me! You went through the steps too quickly!"

"Just try again."

It went on like this for a few more times before I put the truck in park and got out slamming the door behind me. Simon got out and followed me. He grabbed my waist and looked down at me.

"I'm sorry doll. I should've gone slower and not yelled at you."

I didn't look at him. More focused on the empty field on my left side. Simon grabbed my chin and made me look at him. He held a small grin. I rolled my eyes and playfully hit his chest.

"We can try again, or we can go get ice cream. Your choice."

"Ice cream old man."

Simon grinned again and picked me up spinning us.

"I'll show you old man!"

I squealed then giggled. Simon shifted me up and over his shoulder.

"Set me down Riley!"

He walked back to the truck ignoring me. Then he opened the passenger door and set me inside the truck. I huffed. Once he got in and settled, we headed back into town.

Once we got the ice cream we headed back home. Simon ripped off his mask sitting on the couch. Which didn't last long since he got a call.

A few minutes later he headed to our room. I got up and followed him.

He stood on the side of the bed packing his bag. I sighed knowing what that meant.

"How long?"

"2 months."

"When do you leave?"

He looked at me and I knew my answer. I nodded and sat on the bed.

"Must be urgent then."

He nodded and finished packing. I drove him to base, and we quickly said our goodbyes.