Thirty-Nine

When we got home with Maverick Simon fell more in love and then so did Johnny when he met him. I smiled watching the trio take turns playing fetch.

John sat on the porch with a whiskey. I smiled and sat in the other chair.

"Something about seeing those boys happy makes my heart swell. Especially Simon."

"He's come a long way."

"That he has. I wanted to let you know I have a date tonight. I could use some help with clothing and such."

I nodded smiling at John. Then I turned to look back at Simon and Johnny.

"Tomorrow, I have a mission for us. Mr. Smith had some contacts and one of them had gotten in contact with me. Anyways one of his buddies had passed and needs someone to take his animals. He's got a couple horses and chickens. Told her we could take them off her hands."

"Sounds easy enough."

John smiled and leaned back.

"I want you to take them tomorrow."

I nodded.

An hour or two later I was in John's room helping him with the last details of his outfit. He wore dress pants and a nice button down. I unbuttoned the first few buttons and smiled at him.

"Give her something nice to look at."

"All this damn chest hair?"

I rolled my eyes and smiled spraying cologne on his neck and wrist.

"If you don't come home tonight, I'll know it was successful."

"Little one I'm not fucking her on the first date."

"If she doesn't jump your bones with you dressed like this there's something wrong with her."

John grinned and took one last look in the mirror. He smiled down at me then gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Don't wait up, ok? I need you three up bright and early to go get those horses and chickens."

"Yes sir.", I rolled my eyes playfully.

John left for his date, and I went to make dinner for Simon and Johnny.