Chapter 12

Natalia's POV

At long last, the day of the party that the werewolf council had been planning had arrived.

I was experiencing a great deal of anxiety on the inside. During these five years, I attended quite a few parties; nevertheless, most of them were held within my own pack, which was the Blue Blood pack.

Here, we had to face so many new people, one of whom I did not wish to see again.

"Shall we enter, my lady?"

I turned my head to my right side to see Eric. As he approached me, he extended his arm. In response, I nodded my head and placed my hand on top of his. We entered the party hall while holding each other's hands.

The various powers that were present in the hall, as well as the decoration that was inside the hall, left me in a state of awe.

It appeared as though a large number of head Alpha and Luna had arrived to take part in the party.

And why not? It was not just a party but a conference of werewolf council.

I held Eric's hand tightly and let out a long, deep breath.

'I can do it.' I said to myself.

I could see the entire hall filled with wealthy people who had come to show off their wealth to each other.

The women wore lavish gowns created by well- known designers, and the men wore pricey handmade suits.

In addition to that, I was wearing a very expensive black satin gown that my brother had chosen for me.

The gazes of a lot of people were drawn to Eric and me. There were men staring at me, but I chose to ignore them. There were young women who seemed to be looking at Eric. He was a popular beta and featured an appealing look.

We were the center of almost everyone's attention.

Eric introduced me to a few council members. In comparison to other packs, he was a well- known beta. In the view of the members of the council, he had an exceptionally good reputation. It made me delighted to see that he was being recognized for the effort that he had put in all these years.

"I can't believe we are seeing you, Natalia Hansley. We only heard about you all these years." One of the council members said to me.

I responded with a smile and said, "I am delighted to be able to attend the party. I am grateful that you invited me."

"We would love to introduce you to every-"

"Sorry to interrupt you, sir. But would you mind if I made a request of you?" I asked them.

They exchanged glances with one another and then made a move with their heads to proceed.

Eric pulled me behind and asked in my ears. " What's in your mind, Nat?"

I simply shook my head to let him know that there was no need for him to be concerned about anything.

"I want you all to hide my identity from everyone."

They looked stunned. "What do you mean?" One of them asked.

"I don't want others to know who I am."

"But why?"

"I have my own reasons."

The moment they heard me, they gave me a nod of their heads.

"We see. She is a hard nut to crack." They said this to Eric and started to chuckle.

Eric glanced at them and joined them in laughter. I looked at him. I mind linked him and asked,

"Why are you all laughing?"

"I don't know. They were laughing, so I decided to join in. You should keep up the act. They are council members, remember?"

I laughed sheepishly as I was feeling dumbfounded.

'Did they think I have something for Eric?' I thought and shook my head.

Eric was talking about our pack to the council members since my brother, the current head Alpha, could not come to talk to them.

I excused myself and walked to a corner. One of the waiters offered me a glass of champagne, and I took a few sips from it.

My eyes roamed throughout the hall. They were observing all the new faces.

At that time, an angry voice appeared from behind me.

"Natalia, what are you doing here?"

Upon turning around, I saw two women. I was able to identify them quite accurately. It turned out that they were members of the Crystal Blood Pack, who had previously bullied me.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

They looked at me provocatively and scoffed.

"We thought you were dead. But you are still alive!"

Suddenly, the atmosphere in the hall turned silent. I could sense the presence of a very powerful someone entering the hall. Those women also felt the same way. Despite this, they did not care about it and continued to mock me.

"She is right. I mean, after being dumped by Alpha Adrian, how can you still be alive?" Another woman said.

I could not look at others and refocused on those women.

"Done?" I asked with a disturbed tone.

As soon as they realized that I was ignoring their mockery, they became very agitated.

What did they think? I would respond to them? No way. I would never give these women attention, who were nothing but clout chasers.

"It looks like you don't have any shame. Did you forget that you are not a Luna anymore? Or are you here to plan to gain our Alpha's attention again?" Another woman asked while chuckling.

I frowned at them. "Just shut up your nonsense and leave me alone," I told them with a furious tone.

They looked surprised when I shot back. They got angry at me.

With her hand up, one of them was getting ready to strike me. But I grabbed her hand.

However, my eyes fell behind the woman, and they froze at someone.

A man was standing there in a black handmade tailor suit, as always captivating.

I realized why the hall turned silent a while ago. It was because of him.

The danger was screaming out of him. His dark eyes, which I almost forgot, were staring at me.

With just one glance, my entire past came flooding back into my mind.

"Leave my hand." I heard the woman's whimpering.

When I looked down, I saw that I had grabbed her wrist with too much force. After diverting my attention away from the man, I switched my attention back to the woman whose hand I was holding.

"I advise you to disguise yourself in front of your Alpha," I said, letting go of her hand.

The woman frowned in confusion, but then she turned around.

Both of the women's eyes widened. As quickly as they could, they put on an innocent look. They bowed to the man and said,

"Alpha Adrian"

I sneered at those women and looked at Adrian once again.

As he looked solemnly at me, he paid no attention to the other women.

His eyes were full of rage.

The two women left our side hurriedly in fear of him.

Just as I was going to move, I noticed that he was approaching me with a step.

"How dare you show up?"

His tone was so icy that it clutched my heart. But my wolf responded in a different manner, which surprised me.

I felt my wolf suddenly become excited. I was very confused but froze when my wolf started to chant.

"MATE"