chapter 14

Adrian's POV

I was able to observe her eyes widening, which was a sign that she was also experiencing the mate bond.

I could not believe that she was my mate!

She had a wolf!

It came as a greater surprise to me too.

During the time that I was attempting to gather my thoughts, the scent of strawberry reached my nostrils. It was her scent.

My mate's scent!

In a state of bewilderment, I asked my wolf, "Is she my mate?"

Nevertheless, the only thing he did in response to me was to pressure me to give him control.

I ignored him and shut him inside. I switched my attention to Natalia, who was staring at me with astonishment on her face.

Is she pleased that she was able to get me back at last? Without a doubt, she was overjoyed.

Did she come here to grab my attention?

Is it possible that she entered this place using my name? If that were not the case, who would allow her to access such a significant event?

My head was filled with a tremendous number of questions.

Even if she used my name, I did not mind it.

Where was she, that was the question I wanted to know from her. I was curious as to why she did not come back to me until today.

As if she were attempting to calm herself down, I saw that she was taking deep breaths. The look on her face reverted back to one of indifference.

Did she make an effort to demonstrate to me that she did not feel anything after seeing me?

It wasn't the mate bond that I was thinking about; rather, it was the inner feelings of this woman.

"I'm qualified for this conference; why are you so surprised?" Her response was composed and unruffled.

Her words hung in the air, shrouded in mystery, leaving me with a sense of uncertainty. It was as if a veil had been cast over my understanding, obscuring the true meaning behind her words.

The fact that she was not a cowardly woman like she had been in the past came as a complete surprise to me.

People constantly felt a sense of dread around me whenever I was talking to them. However, this woman was responding to me without showing any sign of fear while gazing directly into my eyes.

'Is she really the Natalia I know?'

I was not pleased with her response. So I continued to question her.

"What pack have you been in all these years?"

"Alpha Adrian, I am no longer involved in any way with the Crystal Blood Pack. I sincerely hope that this is enough for you to stop interrogating me about anything," she replied proudly.

My fury was fueled by the fact that she addressed me by my rank, indicating that I was a stranger to her.

I glared at her. She turned her attention away from me and peered around the hallway as if she were looking for someone.

'Who was she looking for when I was standing right in front of her?' I asked myself in anger.

I was so infuriated by her. How dare she ignore me? She had no right to disregard me. Where did she get this bravery from?

I could see that other people who were around were looking at us. The look in their eyes was one of confusion.

They did not know who Natalia was. It was because I never took her to a party with me when we were married.

I ignored others' gazes and refocused on the woman in front of me.

It seemed as though she had found someone to hang out with, and she was about to leave me.
I could not describe how angry I was.

I reached out and grabbed her wrist. I brought her closer to me. She appeared to be taken aback by my action.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

I chose not to respond to her statement and instead began to pull her in another direction.

"Alpha Adrian, please leave my hand," she said in a fake cold tone, which I dismissed.

When she realized that I was not paying attention to what she was saying, she grabbed my arm.

I thought she would say that she was here for me and that we could have a peaceful conversation.

But she proved me wrong, as she spoke out in a lower tone.

"I don't want to destroy anyone's reputation here. It would be better if you let me go. People are looking at us."

I snorted in response to her statements. She intended to blackmail me, didn't she?
Destroy my reputation? What kind of damage could she cause me?

I dragged her to a private room.

As I stepped inside the room, I turned around and pulled her to me.

Her soft body collided with mine.

Upon looking into her eyes, I was taken aback. After all these years, I finally came to the realization that I had been missing this woman so much.

It was difficult for me to keep myself from marking her as mine because her scent was driving me crazy, and the fact that she was my mate made it even harder for me.

"Leave me," she let out and pushed my chest.

It made me retreat. I scowled and gritted my teeth together as I mumbled,

"Leave you?"

Again, I was becoming increasingly enraged. After feeling the mate bond, she was still telling me to leave her?
I grabbed her arms and questioned her.

"How can you come in and out of my life as you wish?"

Natalia frowned at me and replied,

"We got divorced five years ago. Please respect me."

I could not help but laugh at her words.

"Respect you? You seem to have forgotten how you drugged me to sleep with me before."

This was the first time in five years th had lost my temper.

_________