Chapter 39

Doctor Harold stared at me for a while. After briefly gazing at Grace Miller and Lucas Miller, he abruptly shifted his attention back to me.

"Natalia?" he mumbled my name.

I approached him and asked,

"How are you, Doctor Harold?"

"Good. It's been a long time."

"Yeah, a very long time."

Based on his look, I was able to fully understand that he was uncertain as to whether Adrian had captured me or whether I had returned to this pack by myself.

Even though I wanted to express my gratitude to him at that very moment, I refrained from doing so.

I just wanted to alleviate his concern, so I said to him,

"I came here to meet Uncle Lucas."

He nodded his head in response and let out a lower tone.

"Oh, I see."

Due to the fact that they were unfamiliar with me, the doctors were looking at me. I moved out of the way so that they could examine the patient.

"Harold, my son. Is everything okay?" Auntie Grace asked Before making his way to Lucas Miller, Doctor Harold gave her a small nod.

I caught a glimpse of Doctor Harold's hand and noticed that he was holding a file.

"The report has come out. Therefore, it is necessary for us to have a conversation with Alpha," he said to Auntie Grace

He was talking about Adrian He wanted to discuss the report with Adrian

"There is no need for you to talk to him. My health issues are something that you can say to me." Uncle Lucas said

Some time ago, he and his son were engaged in a brief argument. So I thought it was reasonable for him to say that

"But, Mr. Miller, this is indeed serious. I can't say anything in his absence" Doctor Harold tried to explain

I was able to observe the sentiment on Doctor Harold's face. Something was wrong with Uncle Lucas's health because he appeared to be quite nervous about it.

One of the doctors went to Uncle Lucas and helped him lie down on the bed. He raised his hand, and another physician gave a dosage to him, which he then injected into Uncle Lucas's arm

The doctor said, "It will provide you with some light relief."

"Could you all please explain to me what's happening with my husband?" With a tone of rage, Auntie Grace posed the question.

I let out a sigh and walked to Doctor Harold.

"Can I check the reports?"

My inquiry left everyone in a state of astonishment. There was a frown that could be seen between the brows of Doctor Harold. He might be wondering why I would ever ask to see something that I would not comprehend

Regardless of his confusion, he handed the file to me.

After opening the file, I went ahead and looked at the initial report

The wolf that belonged to Uncle Lucas was showing signs of weakness due to an overdose. The sight of that caused my eyebrows to rise.

During the time that I was reading about the symptoms he was experiencing and the anguish that he was experiencing, I kept turning the pages.

The room was completely silent for a moment.

I looked at Doctor Harold when I had finished reading the file and remarked, "He needs a cure that can remove the effect of the overdose."

"Overdose? Overdose of what?" Auntie Grace inquired with disbelief on her face.

The eyes of Doctor Harold were solely focused on me. As if he only heard my question, he asked me,

"How do you know all of this? How do you know that he needs a cure?!!" I averted my eyes from him and glanced away. Here, no one was aware of my qualifications.

I was a topper student in the medical field. During the previous four years, I spent most of my time in the pack hospital.

But I was hesitant to say anything in front of Adrian's parents

So I chose to disregard his inquiry and instead asked, "What is the treatment that can be of assistance to him?"

Doctor Harold understood what I was trying to do. So he did not expose me and replied with a disappointed tone.

"He needs the wolf vine cure. It's a cure that can heal our inner wolf"

Auntie Grace appeared to be at ease. It was her hope that her husband would be healthy in a short amount of time.

However, her happiness could not last for long because one of the doctors spoke out by saying,

"Our pack doesn't have that cure. That cure is very expensive "

Auntie Grace frowned at the doctor. "What did you just say? Expensive? Do you mean we have less money? My husband brought the pack to its highest level of development, and my son is currently working to bring it to the highest level of wealth there is. And you are saying to me that the cure is expensive? How much does it cost?"

Doctor Harold shook his head. "Mrs. Miller, calm down. He did not intend to say that at all. Healers are the only ones who have the ability to create that cure. 'Wolf Vine' cure is a unique medication that was developed by Doctor Max Harrison for the purpose of healing. Every one of us is aware that he is currently overseas. Even if we contact his pack, we can't reach him."

Patiently, I listened to what Doctor Harold was saying. Indeed, Doctor Max was out of his pack. At that moment, he was the most powerful healer in the current time. He was my mentor, too.

But I knew about the cure Doctor Harold was talking about.

When I looked over, I noticed that Uncle Lucas was sleeping because of the injection dose. The eyes of Auntie Grace appeared to be filled with mist.

After taking a few long breaths, I shifted my attention to Doctor Harold and said,

"Don't worry about the cure. I'll manage it."