Chapter 20

When Natalia opened her eyes, her mother was there, sitting next to her

Natalia looked around, trying to find her babies.

Her voice cracked as she asked her mother, " Mom, where are my babies?"

In haste, she tried to sit up, but she moaned in pain over it

"Don't sit up. You have stitches."

Natalia bit her bottom lip in pain and looked at her mother with a sacred look.

"W-Where are they?"

At that time, her father and Jason entered the cabin. Natalia's eyes fell on their hands.

She felt relieved when she saw her babies for the first time

Alpha Martin and Jason walked over to her and placed the babies on the bed next to her.

Luna Jade smiled at Natalia and said, "Your babies are completely fine, my baby "

Natalia gazed closely at her children. All the heaviness in her heart had left when she saw their faces.

She whispered, "My babies," as she kissed each of their foreheads and then pulled them closer to her

In her entire life, she had never experienced such joy.

Natalia cradled her newborn children in her arms and closed her eyes. Tears slid down from the corner of her eyes.

"Hey! Don't cry," Jason said to her.

Next, Natalia gave her brother a look before nodding her head in agreement. The gaze of her eyes returned to her children.

They were twins. Natalia couldn't help but stare as long as she could at their eyes since they were so stunning. They also stared at their mother as if they knew who she was to them.

"They look like their father," Natalia mumbled.

Alpha Martin approached her. He held his daughter's hand. Luna Jade, and Jason went to hold the babies in their arms. Alpha Martin sat on the edge of the hospital bed.

Natalia looked at him carefully, "What happened, Dad? Are you not happy? They are your grandchildren."

"You are right. They look like their father," Alpha Martin said to her.

Natalia looked away from him. But what he said after that was something she was not expecting

"My men tried contacting him while you were in the operation theater."

Hearing him, Natalia's hand froze. She slowly turned her head toward her father.

"W-What?"

Alpha Martin patted her hand. "During your eight months at my pack house, I am aware of how you spent your time. I have just made one final attempt to get in touch with the fathers of those babies, who you love the most."

Natalia was unable to utter a single word. In her heart, she felt a familiar hope drifting down.

What if Adrian would accept her and her babies this time? She would forget about the divorce, and perhaps they would be able to begin their relationship again.

In spite of this, her hope was dashed the very next second as her brother spoke out.

"And what happens after that, Dad? Tell her. Tell her that when that bastard heard her name, he said he didn't want to talk about her. He doesn't care if she dies."

Natalia was shocked. How much pain would she be able to tolerate? Why could she not forget him after all the things he had done to her? Why was she still holding out hope that she could go back to her ex-husband, who wanted her death?