chapter 18

Third POV:

Adrian couldn't stop himself when he heard Natalia saying that she was with someone else. His mind went crazy at the thought of her being with another man.

In an instant, his lips forcefully collided with her, igniting a passionate and electrifying connection that sent shockwaves throughout her entire being.

He kissed her roughly, showing his anger to her.

When his lips touched hers, he began to feel at ease.

It seemed as if he had just wanted her, and this was the one thing that he was missing in his life.

This kiss, this closeness, this woman!

He wanted to wrap his arms around her delicate waist and kiss her passionately.

Natalia, on the other hand, was at first taken aback, and when she came back to her senses, she became enraged.

She pushed him hard, which made him break the kiss.

A disgusted look appeared on Natalia's face, and she gave him a tight slap on his face.

Her slap stunned Adrain, and he retreated back. No one had ever dared to slap him before. He only gave the right to his parents because they gave him birth.

A frown appeared on his face as he turned his head to look at her.

"Did you just dare to slap me?"

"How dare you kiss me?" she retorted back.

Adrian had no answer. Why did he kiss her? Why?

Was it because he was lost in anger when she admitted that she was with someone else now, which he did not want?

Or was it because he wanted to tell her that she was still his woman?

"You said you were with that Eric."

"Yes, yes, yes. I will say that a hundred times more. I am with him. What is it to you?" Natalia asked, losing her patience with this man.

The weight of her confession settled heavily upon him, threatening to crush his spirit. His mind raced, desperately searching for a way to process this unexpected revelation. How had he not seen it coming?

Adrian inhaled deeply, trying to organize himself to speak to her calmly.

"Listen, Natalia. Eric Hart is not good for you."

Upon hearing him, irritation engulfed her.

Not wanting to talk to him anymore, she motioned her hand to the door and said,

"I don't want to listen to you. It would be better if you lea-"

A knock interrupted her. She turned around and opened the door immediately.

"Eric!" she let out.

The moment Eric walked into the room, Adrian turned his attention to him. A fire of wrath was being stoked within him.

He thought to himself, 'How dare he come to Natalia's room at this hour?'

Meanwhile, Eric gazed at Natalia and then Adrian. He could not help but ask Natalia,

"What is he doing here, Nat?"

Adrian's brows shot up in outrage. He could not believe that another man was calling Natalia by a nickname in front of him.

Because of the way Natalia talked about her relationship with this man, he felt the urge to kill this man right this moment.

A whirlwind of emotions swept through Adrian's being, each one more intense than the last.Anger, jealousy, and betrayal mingled together, creating a storm within him. He clenched his fists, his knuckles turning white with the force.

"I was just telling him to leave,"

Natalia mumbled to Eric while lowering her head. She did not know how to control this situation anymore. The kiss had already left her in a state of astonishment.

Eric looked at Adrian and asked,

"What are you doing in a young woman's room, Alpha Adrian?"

Adrian scoffed at him and asked, "Same goes for you, Beta Eric. What are you doing here?"

Natalia felt irritated by Adrian and said,

"Didn't I answer you before? I am with another man now. Now go away from here."

"NATALIA"

Adrian yelled at her. Eric stood in front of Natalia as he pushed her behind him.

"That is not the way to communicate with her. Keep in mind that she is no longer your wife. Because she is a free woman, she is able to date anybody she chooses to date. You have no right on her."

Adrian stepped toward him and warned, "You have got a little courage. I think you've forgotten who you are talking with. "

As he spoke those words, his gaze shifted to Natalia, who was standing behind Eric.

Eric chuckled and shook his head.

"No one can forget you, Alpha Adrian. You are the most powerful and famous Alpha. But that's in the pack business and wars. Now, in front of me, standing is Natalia's ex-husband. Since you know she doesn't want to contact you, stay away from her. She doesn't have anything to do with you."

All the time, Adrian's eyes were fixed on Natalia. Though he heard Eric very
clearly his mind was on her

"I don't want to berate you, but what I remember is you have a girlfriend. You are committed to someone yet come to another woman's room. That doesn't suit you well, Alpha Adrian,"

he heard Eric's voice once again
Adrian's aggression was increasing more and more. He had no idea what he would do to Eric if he remained there longer. To calm his own rage, he decided to leave the room.

If he had stayed a little more and heard Eric calling him Natalia's ex-husband another time, he might have attacked him, which was out of the pack's rules.

During the time that the two men were talking to one other, Natalia kept her gaze fixed on the floor.

When Adrian left the room, she felt a wave of relief flood over her.

Eric turned to her, and she spoke out,

"Thank you, Eric. You helped me today."

Eric did not utter a single word as he kept staring at her.

Natalia made her way to her bed and sipped a glass of water that was placed on the nightstand.

When she was in the middle of drinking the water, Eric approached her and questioned,

"Do you still have feelings for Adrian?"