< 11 >

[The above image is how Seher wraps her dupatta around her.]

Thank you so much to all those who have congratulated me. Thank you!!

From now on, I'll try my best to engage in the comment sections, In Sha Allah...

Seher

"Seher! Please tell me, why are you so giggly today?" Raaza poked once again when a pune interrupted our teacher, but I ignored her.

Yesterday's event kept playing in my mind; thus being the reason for my giggly state.

Once I promised him, he said thank you with a gentle smile that I never saw
on him. We didn't talk much after that, his phone kept ringing. Also, he had to go pick Fara and the rest from the mall.

But he did ask me about my school, friends, and exams.

It was quite a new thing for me. I didn't sleep much yesterday. How can I? I couldn't calm my nerves.

I have never ever experienced anything remotely close to what I experienced yesterday night.

The fact that he came looking for me is enough to heal my miseries. Not that I have a lot of miseries.

Yesterday night was probably the only night that I didn't cry missing my parents. I did cry only to thank Allah. Only out of happiness.

I never knew having someone who cares about you felt this good.

'Seher, don't think that I will leave you again.' Those words kept repeating in my ears. Those words were his last words before we exited his room. He went down and I got to my room.

Yesterday was truly a blessing.

Ya Allah! What did I think of my future? I was so sure that I had to leave them, I had to leave him. And I didn't let my heart accept him for this same reason. I was afraid to accept him.

But truly, You are the Planner, oh Allah!

I had thought he was rude.

He was always so nonchalant, and he never was engaging in any house functions.

For weeks, he wasn't aware that I was here.

"Seher! You zoned out again!" Raaza shrugged, heaving a sigh. "Something happened, right?"

"Yes, but I'm not going to tell you!" I made a funny face at her before focusing back at my teacher. She handed out the memo note and signed the paper that was handed by the pune.

When the man left the class, she cleared her throat, "Dear students, your last class of this academic year is next monday. Make sure you use these off days to study and don't procrastinate or waste your time."

Many voiced sadness. But I was happy. I hated this school. The only person I'm gonna miss is Raaza. But thinking of staying at home makes me afraid as well.

"Finally! I can fly." Raaza exclaimed. "If you don't tell me, I'm not going to give you this!" I turned to face her, curious to see what she was talking about.

And to my disappointment, she was holding wired earphones.

"Oh, Raaza..."

•••

Fawad

"This one's nice, but I need a little more darker shade of wood." I answered.