Chapter 2: Falling Down The Bone-Eater's Well

Thirteen Years Later...

Kagome was about to turn seventeen years old while Trunks had turned twelve. It has been thirteen years after the defeat of Cell in the Cell Games. Everyone lived in normal life without Goku. The Z Fighters had been doing well with their new lives.

Kagome continued her training with her father and the other Z Fighters. She also focused on the Capsule Corporation helping her mother out. Lastly, she goes to Orange Star High School where Gohan used to go there. She made friends from school. She had a great life.

Everything changed that day when Kagome turned seventeen. She never expected that she would come across something extraordinary. Something that would change her life forever.

Dream

Kagome was wandering around in a forest that looked so familiar. As she walked, she saw something zip by.

At the moment, she wasn't sure what it was, nor did she want to know. But before she could use her self-defense, she saw a boy running as he held onto a purple jewel. Right away, she knew what it was.

The Shikon Jewel. That was the jewel she was told a story by her mother when she was a little girl. Before she could talk to the boy, she heard someone yelling.

"Inuyasha!"

Kagome turned around to see a woman. Her face was clouded but her voice sounded almost like her own, but slightly deeper.

The arrow that she was holding told Kagome that this wasn't going to end well. The arrow zipped through the air and pinned the boy to the Tree of Ages. Kagome stared at the boy with wide eyes, wondering what was going on. The woman was mad about something; even though her face was covered she could tell in her voice that she felt hurt, sorrow, betrayed. Why would she feel betrayed? This made no sense. Kagome's attention returned to the boy as she heard him say one more thing before he fell into his slumber

"K-Kikyo... I-'ll always lo-love..."

His eyes then closed and Kagome could feel pain shooting through her heart. Even though this was a dream, she could feel the pain flowing through her all at once. The woman's pain... was her own as she screamed out in pain.

Dream ends

Kagome woke up in a cold sweat as she stared around her room.  Looking around, making sure that nothing was out of the ordinary. Her bedroom. Placing a hand over her shoulder to see if there was anything there, like in her dream she saw nothing. There was no wound or anything to cause her pain like she felt in the dream... Why did she feel pain? Why did she feel like she knew that boy? She feared that she'd never know. That's what she thinks though.

Kagome then looked at her clock and saw that it was six in the morning. Suddenly, today was her birthday.

Right now, she got out of her warm bed and started to get ready for school. It was another day like any other. Trying to study for next week's upcoming test, warm-ups in the gym, and hand in her homework on time.

"Kagome, are you up yet? Breakfast is ready." Bulma called from downstairs.

"Coming!" Kagome said as she brushed her hair. She picked up her bag and quickly went down the stairs and headed to the kitchen where the food was laid out on the table.

"Morning, guys," Kagome greeted her family.

"Morning, Kagome," Everyone, except Vegeta, greeted her back.

"Are you excited for your seventeenth birthday? We can't believe you're almost becoming an adult." Bulma said excitedly.

Kagome smiled at her. "Of course, Mom. What else would there be more excitement?"