Chapter 3: Enter Inuyasha

Kagome was inside the hut getting bandaged by Kaede. She let out a hiss in slight pain.

"Well, that hurts like Hell," Kagome said to herself.

"Ye are lucky you didn't get killed," Kaede said after she had fixed her wound.

"Tell me about it. If I didn't make it, I would die of blood loss and my family would freak out about it," Kagome said, rolling her eyes. She was putting her shirt on and then her leather jacket.

"Fortunately, you're still alive," Kaede said. Then she began to question her, "Tell me, child. Where are ye from and where did ye come from?"

Kagome looked away as she said. "Well, I'm not sure, but I came out of the well and I was here... in West City."

Kaede gave her an odd look. "West City? What is the West City?"

She sweatdropped as she forgot she was still in the feudal era. "Oh, wait... I forgot you don't know much about West City."

"What else do ye want to say, Kagome?" She wanted her to continue her story.

And so she did. "I walked through the forest and I saw the boy pinned against the tree. The one with the silver hair, dog ears, and the red kimono! Who is he?" Just thinking about that boy, made her remember the dream she had that morning.

Kaede kept her smile as she explained it to her, saying, "His name is Inuyasha. He was pinned to the tree by my older sister Kikyo. He destroyed the village fifty years ago and has remained on the tree ever since."

"That's horrible. Why would he do that for?" Kagome asked, shocked.

"He wanted the Shikon Jewel. He wanted to use it to become a full demon. Unfortunately, Kikyo stopped from stealing the jewel by attempting to become a demon." Kaede explained.

"I see. It sounds like a bit tragedy, but who cares?" Kagome rolled her eyes as she shrugged off. "I know this may sound crazy but... I feel like I know that boy when I had these dreams."

Suddenly, when Kaede stared at Kagome in realization, she gently grabbed her face and turned it a few angels getting a good look at her.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Kagome growled, annoyed.

"Let me take a look at ye," Kaede said.

"Why you...!?"

She was in slight shock as she thought, It can't be!

Now that she had a closer look at her, she could see it… but, that can't be possible. It was too soon for her to be reborn, wasn't it? It had only been fifty years, a soul could take hundreds of years to be reincarnated.

"Um... can you let me go?" Kagome asked, annoyed.

Kaede let go of her face as she said "Forgive me, child. You remind me of my sister Kikyo."

"You think I would relate to her?" She asked awkwardly.

She shook her head. "I think not, child. Ye must be hungry. Would you like some stew?"

She grinned. "Why, sure! I would love to!"

Then Kaede served her the bowl of stew. "Here you go, Kagome."

"Thank you, Kaede." With that, she began to eat the stew. It took her a few seconds to eat like a Saiyan. Kaede was surprised she was that hungry.

She must have her appetite, Kaede thought.

Then they heard a loud crash coming from outside. Kagome stopped eating as she heard it. She put the empty bowl away and went to check it out. Kaede went with her as well.