thirteen

buckle your seat belts bitches, we're in for a RIDE.

-----------------------------------------------

Cassidy's pov

Christmas day

I was so excited to exchange gifts with Ryan. mainly bc I saw what he got me, he said I'd never find it but I did. he hid it in his sock drawer, typical. he got this beautiful diamond pendant necklace from some fancy jeweler. It cost him a fortune. I knew because he had left the receipt in the drawer with it. I had bought him cologne but knowing what he got me, I felt it wasn't enough.

anyway, I spent Christmas with him and his family. I noticed he was on his phone a lot and giggling but I didn't think much of it since he gave me all of his attention, it felt like we hadn't argued before I left. it was starting to feel more like old times. anyway, I woke him up this morning so we could open our gifts.

"ryan" I nudge him a little. "ryannnn it's Christmas. wake uppppp wake up!" I start to dance around. "it's time to open gifts get uppppp."

he groaned as he stretched his body. "ohhhh good morning. merry Christmas baby."

he holds himself up on his shoulder, leaning in to kiss me.

"I'm ready to open gifts nowww, I want you to see what I got you." I said, pulling him out of bed.

"okay okay, I'm coming. just go down and give me a second." he said, standing up, pushing me towards the door.

"ugh super secretive. fine but hurry up because if you don't, I will come back up to hurt you." I walk out and run down the stairs. I assumed he was grabbing my gift. I had already put his gift under the tree because I knew he wouldn't look at it, the same clearly could not be said for me. since I saw what he had gotten me, I had gotten him something more that I knew he would like.

he finally came down with a gift bag. he greeted his family before handing me my gift. I handed him his gift, so we could open up our gifts together. this bag was huge, so it was clear he went all out. I let him open his gift first since I partially knew what he had gotten me. he opened his gift which was a bottle of Versace cologne and a pair of Jordans that had just come out a few days before. I have my connections so it was easy to make it happen.

"babe?? how did you get these? they're sold out everywhere." he jumped up and down like a little kid. I giggled at him, loving his reaction.

he leaned down and kissed me. "thank you baby. now open yours, I feel like it's not enough seeing what you got me but when I saw it i thought of you."

I knew about the necklace but I couldn't let him know so i had to act shocked when i opened it. to my surprise, there was no need to act shocked because I genuinely was. I pulled a sweater out of the bag, it was a cute sweater. it's totally something I would wear. I checked in the bag to find the necklace but all I had was the sweater.

"fuck, do you hate it? I thought it was so you, I should have just gotten you something else." ryan asks but he's clearly being sarcastic. he pulled out a little box with small earrings, they went along with my sweater but it wasn't the necklace I had seen. the box was from Macy's

"omg no baby, I love it. I was just thinking, you know me so well. this is so perfect and I just don't know how to thank you. these earrings are so fucking beautiful." I plaster on a smile and he gives me a kiss.

"I'm glad you like it babe. I knew you would. and don't worry, there is more coming." he said, winking at me.

whew, I was starting to think the necklace wasn't for me.