twenty two

ariana's pov

ever since ryan told me what had happened between him and cassidy, things felt different. it was a month ago. as much as i love ryan, i know that he is a cheater. i hate to admit it but he cheated on two different girls with me. i'm not any better, i cheated on my husband with him. i even went back for more. but this time was different, my divorce was finally being finalized and ryan wasn't with anyone else. we were committed to each other, only each other. i think. part of me was afraid that since i wasn't his "side piece" anymore, he would go and find another. the other part of me knew he could be different. i just wasn't sure but i know i'm also deeply in love with him. no matter what, i'm always gonna forgive him. i've given up basically everything to be with him.

i was staying with him ever since the party. it was great, he always woke me up with breakfast even before he went to work. i had found some time to visit my house to grab my car and some clothes. i'd been lucky enough not to run into Dalton while doing so but he signed the papers so i wasn't sure what to expect from him now. i'm not eager to figure it out.

today wasn't out of the ordinary. i woke up this morning and got myself together for work. ryan was making food but he had to leave before i was ready. he left a note, like he always does

——————-

have an amazing day beautiful - ryan

——————

i grinned as i read the note and quickly ate my breakfast since i was already running late. my boss told me to come in a bit earlier because he wanted to have a conversation with me. i wasn't confused about what it could be but i got ready and made my way nonetheless.

i pulled into the school and struggled getting out of the car to go inside. once i walked inside i noticed some strange looks from my coworkers. i didn't think much of it. i never really interact with them but i knew a lot of them were close friends. i made my way into mr fitzergerald's office.

"hi mr fitzergerald." i greeted him with a pleasant smile.

he gave me a slight smile, looking down at his desk gathering papers.

"please, have a seat ms grande." he gestures his hand towards the seat in front of him.

suddenly, the room felt cold and i felt alone in it. almost as if i were being persecuted. here it came all crashing down.

"what's going on? is everything okay?" i knew it wasn't but i was tired of being in silence, like a sitting duck.

"well, not exactly. i'll just come on out and say it. we received an anonymous tip that you had started a relationship with a student while they attended this school. since we do have proof of involvement with this individual, we have to take action. as of today, you are under investigation of the school board. if they find anything from the start and end date of last school year, we will be able to press charges. they are reviewing security camera footage from your classroom. until they are finished, you are on unpaid leave." he takes a pause, allowing me to speak but i was speechless.

"alright. yeah." i look down into my lap, feeling my eyes fill with tears.

"there is currently no evidence against you, nothing proves that this relationship happened before his graduation and i trust that anything you have with this individual was legal even if not morally correct. i will personally advocate for you once this investigation is over." he looked up at me with a look of pity.

"i understand. thank you." i stand up to shake his hand before turning around to walk to my car. i faced many different looks from my coworkers or ex coworkers.