Fortune teller

Gojo fell asleep for a good solid day. By the time he woke up it was almost nightfall. He checked his phone for any important tasks or updates from his students. Nothing new or important popped up on the screen. He was happy things were going alright for once.

He got up and undid his official clothes. He changed to something more appropriate, A white dress shirt, midnight sky slacks, and a jacket that matched his slacks. No bow, just a black blindfold. He attempted to set his hair with pomade but after realizing it looked ghastly on him. He left his hair be.

He looked impressed with himself. Surely she will fall in love with me tonight he thought to himself and checked out of the hotel.

A fuzzy feeling came over him as he stepped into the streets again. An odd tangle of emotions mixed with the cold evening Kyoto air. He decided he was going to call a cab to Kyoto college. Actually, he didn't know exactly where the Miko ritual was going to happen. He stood confused in the middle of the road.

"Fortune reading for 1000 yen" a husky voice called. Gojo immediately did a 180, a fortune teller ought to know where the Miko ritual was taking place. Fortune reading or not he was going to them. The husky voice belonged to a slender woman. She led Gojo into a smaller room where he had to duck to enter. 

"I was expecting you" a voice called Gojo. The voice reminded him of his mother. "Okay, that's a little too cliche for a fortune-teller. Do you know where the Miko ritual will happen?" Gojo asked with a bite in his voice. He didn't want to waste any more time in that stuffy room.

"It happens in the shrine beside the lake Gojo Satoru," the voice said. "So what? you know my name. I bet half of Kyoto knows my name by now. Especially since I have been followed all morning. Don't pull this nonsense with me" Gojo said. He was interested in talking with that fortune-teller, but he was far more interested in the Miko ritual.

He would meet the fortune-teller some other time. "She doesn't want you Gojo" the fortune-teller warned. "She is made for the Gods nothing more. If you mess with her fate, a catastrophic chain of events is bound to happen," the fortune-teller added.

"Oh ferfuckssakes can you stop being so vague? Let me tell you something, Utahime was made to be her own person, she is not for the Gods or even for me, but if the Gods can persuade her to let them possess her body then I can also persuade her to fall in love with me. I just wish she already went ahead and did that" Gojo told the fortune-teller.

"You did not tell me the lake's name," he called out after remembering why he was really here. The assistant popped in with hearts of eyes. "You're Gojo, right? Let me take you to the shrine, I am going there too" she announced and pulled Gojo out of the fortune-teller's house without even letting him say yes.

"Why can't Utahime just be blatant like this" he asked the assistant. The assistant did not know of an Utahime so she didn't press any further. She led him to the shrine and went on her way to search for her friends.

By then, Gojo's neat shirt was slightly crinkled. He smoothed it out instead of standing awkwardly like the rest of the crowd. The next thing he did instead of standing awkwardly was eavesdrop. Everyone was saying something or the other. No one was actually talking about Utahime here. They all referred to her as the priestess from Kyoto college.

Gojo sighed. He was jealous of the turnout, all those people getting to look at his Utahime. It looked like more than half of the city was gathered in the shrine, and it looked like he would have to fight his way through the crowd to get a better view. He had seen her up close many times (but not close enough a small voice told him). He had seen his Utahime but not the priestess Utahime and that was what he was here for.

It was time. The main lights went off and all the remaining light was from the lanterns. Those lanterns only seemed to highlight the darkness of the night which made Gojo turn on his infinity. Slowly, music began playing, marking the start of the ritual.