Part 28

I was able to kill many, but it was too little and too late. By the time I had done anything they were all dead.

That bastard of a king had stepped off the dias, his spear had run through Hanan and Ashur killing his son, and his sword had clashed with Naiser's but my golden-eyed friend wasn't able to do anything. Too busy trying to protect his son and husband, Kiaan was nowhere to be seen in the bloody scene, had he escaped with the prince? Run for the princess?

Good, they needed to get out. If at least some of us could live then it wouldn't have been worthless.

I watched, horrified as Naiser was cut down by his father. The monster climbed back up the stairs to his throne, smug-faced and bloody.

Kichii made a break for him, right as I was stabbed through.

He managed to slit my father's throat, right as my old man stabbed him through the heart and pulled the blade down to his stomach.

Had we all died? For him to still live!?

It couldn't be. If he still lived then the three of them wouldn't for long.

Or worse, he may just keep her alive.

I could move, barely but I could. Everyone else was dead in the room except us two, I could kill him with my final breaths, I could keep them safe.

I tried to get up, but with all my pain and rage and grief that was flooding my body, I had almost done so.

But I couldn't, not before Haku was there.

His father's sword was in his hands, plunging deep into the chest of the vile man who had murdered us all.

Killed his grandfather, with tears running down his face as he screamed. It was filled with rage and grief yet yet recognized.

I was glad for a moment, the three of them at least should make it out alive. Maye even got help in time to save some of the others who were not yet dead.

For a moment at least there was hope. But then his head fell off his shoulders and thumped down the steps. One after the other it hit, rolling to a stop right in front of his father's body.

Golden eyes stared into each other as they both lost their life.

The door was thrown open and she ran right to Naiser's body, throwing herself over the dying life of her father.

The scream she let out when she saw her brother's head separated from her body would haunt me even after I died.

______________________________________________________________________________

It was the last words of my uncle, That's what Lionel had said. He had to have it written down, word for word, as a testament to what had happened.

They weren't the last words of my Uncle Kuro, he had said one last thing to Lionel before he breathed his last breath.

"Kiaan... where?"

"Dead. Cut himself open. I think he tried to kill her as well, in fear or grief I do not know. She was injured when I found her but I think she doesn't yet-"

"Then. Any of the others. Are they?"

Lionel had looked up at the knights and medics in the room, none had survived.

None but me.

"No... All of them, I'm afraid..."

"Then... she's...no. No no no!"

He had tried to sit up, to move towards me.

But he couldn't. He was dying, he couldn't be saved, he knew that. But he seemed to know what I didn't at the time.