What Was I Made For?

1996: 1 Year Later

1996: 1 Year Later

"Oh my god, Mom do you hear yourself right now?" Julianna, now 16 years old asks the woman. "You're talking about sending your daughter away to a country none of us know about, and for what? Because I'm trying to figure out who I am and who I want to be?" She continues. 

The older woman shakes her head, "Sweetie, we just think it would be best, you can't find yourself at parties or singing these songs and writing crazy things," She states. "Music Mom, I'm writing music. And this is what I like. I like writing songs, it's who I am," She states, arguing further. "Look Julianna, what I and your mother think is that it would be better if you got sway, this town is just full of memories that are too much for you," Her dad then jumps in. 

The girl scoffs, shaking her head at the man. "You mean good for you," She states, glaring at the two adults.

"What does that mean?" Her dad then asks, crossing his arms. The girl crosses her arms too, as a way to challenge the man. She scoffs again. "Come on, ever since Alex came out to you guys, you both stopped loving him and when I accepted him you stopped loving me too, so since one of your kids is already dead, it would be better for you if you just got rid of the other one too, right?" She then asks. She was met with silence. "Right?"

"Whatever Alex told us, he was just confused. He didn't know what he was talking about," Her dad then says, throwing his hands up. 

"Oh my god, he was gay. He wasn't confused you guys just didn't want to accept it," She yells out. "But I did because he's my brother. And I will always love him, even when you didn't, and if he was still here right now? I would be with him and we both would've been out of this house and living a damn better life right now," She continues. "Because, unlike you guys, we take care and we love our family. No matter what."

"You want to live with your brother?" Her dad then questions. "Then go!" He yells, pointing at the doorway. 

"What?" She then asks, tears forming in her eyes. 

"Leave, I don't care where you go, but you're not staying in this house anymore. I'm done. You are not my daughter." He then states, glaring at the girl with so much hate. "Honey," His wife then says softly grabbing his arm. "No, if she thinks it would be better to live out there then she can, I'm tired of it," He states, before leaving the room. 

Leaving the mother and daughter alone in the kitchen. "Mom?" The girl questions, standing waiting for her mom to say something, anything at the girl.

But instead, she just leaves the room. Going after her husband. The girl lets out a breath, crying now. She puts a hand over her mouth, trying to cover her cries. She then runs to her room, grabbing a bag and packing what she could. Grabbing some clothes, hygiene items, shoes, her notebook, and her guitar, putting it in her case. She picks up her bag and guitar case, looking around the room one last time before leaving.