Chapter 26

Hope you enjoy! 

********

"Messing with Viper is too fun to stop," Ripper said before we came to a stop in the back of the kitchen.

"No, that's not what this is about," I said and crossed my arms. "I was just meeting with Brick, and–" Ripper cut me off with a sigh, and crossed his arms as well.

"He's such a gossip," he scowled.

"Don't change the subject. Why haven't you guys gotten your own place yet? You've been together longer than I've known you, and I know you're not hurting for money," I said. Just like me, both Ripper and Reaper saved their money not just because they were good with it, but there wasn't much we needed to spend it on at the club.

"We've been together for over a decade, and we just got engaged," Ripper sighed and uncrossed his arms. "We're working through some stuff, that's all."

"You'll tell me if you need anything from me, right?" I insisted and dropped my hand onto his right shoulder.

"Of course. Now you and Viper are getting a place together? That's exciting! Are you doing it on club property, or looking somewhere else?" Now Ripper was the one with his hand on my shoulder before he pulled me to his side. I began to lead him back into the dining area.

"It's a surprise for Viper, so don't say anything, okay? I want to have some of it done before she gets back from this contract of hers," I muttered before we could make it out there.

"Mm, Reaper's going on the same call," Ripper sighed.

"You know anything about it?" When we came to a stop, Viper was gone from her seat, her dishes clean next to the sink, but Reaper was sitting in one of the chairs staring into space.

"Nah, he said it's all confidential. They don't even have a timeframe when they're going to be back," he groaned and tipped his head back.

"It'll be fine," Reaper had spotted us and stood. He wrapped his arms around him from behind and kissed his neck.

I made a face. "Viper was right, you two are all over each other constantly." Ripper smiled through their kiss and flipped me off, which was a similar response he'd received from Viper on occasion. They were like siblings, and even though I knew Viper was staying, it was good to see she was making relationships here besides me.

"Hey," Vivian made her entrance to the room again and rolled her eyes at the scene in front of me. "Can I hang with you during your shift? I promise I won't distract you."

"You know you're supposed to keep promises, right?" I teased. There wasn't a chance we'd be there for my entire shift and keep our hands off each other. Vivian gave me a small smile and moved to the kitchen. God, I swear when she walked into the room it feels like I start to levitate, and every time she leaves I can almost feel myself hit the ground again.

I jokingly shove Ripper a little bit as I walk by him. Reaper growls as their lips separate and makes quick work of reattaching them. I fake gag–loudly–and move to see what Vivian is up to in the kitchen. I pause in the doorway and watch her rummage through the pantry. She's using the bottom of her shirt as a pouch and it's being overloaded with snacks.

"You know it's just one shift, right? And it's just a few feet away?" I joke. I cross my arms and lean against the doorway, my smirk only deepening when Vivian turns to glare my way. She closes the pantry door with a loud snap and walks toward me. When she reaches my chest, she shoves a single-serving bag of chips at my chest.