Chapter 8: All stories have an (happy?) ending

The film crew gathered in front of a large cinema in the heart of Paris. They were all delighted to see each other again, almost a year after filming. The press and photographers were waiting for them. They all arrived together on the red carpet. Ben struck a pose, surrounded by the other actors, Mathieu and Auber. But Ninon was not there. They posed for the photographers. Ben posed smiling, but he couldn't help but look for Ninon's silhouette in the distance. Auber took him by the shoulders.

Auber: Come on, smile man, we worked hard for this film! And you look perfect in it, no one was waiting for you there!

Ben: No but I'm happy, but still, not even coming to the premiere of his film...

Auber: But let her live... she is free, Ninon... The more you tell her what to do, the more she will do the opposite... Believe me, I know her well...

Ben looked at Auber, looking a little upset. He had never dared to ask what the nature of their relationship was. He hoped he was wrong, he hoped there was nothing between them, that Ninon couldn't be interested in him that way. But after all, she was free... Just thinking about it he felt a slight anger invade him.

The flashes crackled. The photographers shout his name. His press officer had just asked the team that Ben pose alone with the actress who played his sister. Ben approved, he got along well with Jeanne. She was whole and easy to get along with on set. She was a few years older than him, she was best known for these theater roles. They had formed a true brotherly relationship between them.
Then, we asked him for photos with Auber and Mathieu.
And finally, Ben thought it was time to attend the screening when he was asked for one more set of photos. "With Ninon! » he heard.

Ben: So there! I'm not a magician!

As he finished his sentence, Ninon had just slipped her hand behind his back and slipped into his side as if nothing had happened. She was there, all fresh, her cheeks rosy with embarrassment and happiness. Ben felt his heart tighten. He couldn't believe it. Ninon had arrived, as usual when we no longer expected her.

The flashes crackled like never before. Their names could be heard chanting. Ben looked at Ninon. He whispered a word in her ear. Ninon was troubled for a split second, then recovered and smiled for the photographers. Ben smiles too.
The press officer comes to pick up Ninon, she was requested by the written press. Ben watched her leave. Ninon answered questions with incredible ease. She smiled, her expression was sweet. She seemed relaxed. Ben found her changed, more sure of herself, more peaceful.

A waiter came to serve them glasses of champagne. Ben and Mathieu joined together to toast.

Ben: She looks good.

He couldn't take his eyes off her, he was smiling without realizing it. Matthew looked at him.

Matthew: Really? Don't you want to see it?

Ben: Who? What?

Mathieu: Ninon... she's taking off...

Ben: Well yes that's good. I supported him enough for that!

Mathieu: And when she has a boyfriend?

Ben: Why ? Who is it? Is there a guy?

Mathieu: But Ben... Do you see that your reaction is not normal?

Ben: What?

He looked away. A tension was felt. It closed.

Ben: But I have a wife...man, I have a family...

Mathieu approved.

Mathieu: I didn't say you had to do anything. I'm just saying that it's starting to show...