Chapter 7: An Apology

Alhaitham POV

Cyno wrapped my leg with a splint and gave me crutches. I really didn't think I needed them until I stepped down. The weight on my leg was immensely heavy.

Oh my archons, I thought.

I also thought: Where was Kaveh?

Right when my head was clouded with thoughts, the bubble popped when I heard a door creak open. Out came a sad Tighnari, behind him was Kaveh. Kaveh's face was dripping with tears and his fists were balled up.

What were they talking about?

All the sudden, Kaveh walked up to me and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Alhaitham." He whispered.

Seeing that we were starting a sensitive conversation, everyone except Kaveh backed up and continued talking in another room. I was speechless.

"For what? Kaveh...no. I'm going to apologize." As I said, I pulled away from the hug and held both of his hands in mine, crutches still holding me up a couple inches. Thus began the speech.

"Every day since we met in college, I have been making your life a living hell, not the other way around. I can certainly promise you this will never happen again- nor will I ever complain about you living with me. To be honest, I like when I see you by my side when I wake up in the morning. You...keep me company. Please stay with me. If it's fine with you."

This was the most embarrassing thing I have said in my life. I had most certainly also blown the secret of our relationship to Cyno, Tighnari, and the doctor. On top of it, Kaveh had a face that looked like he didn't know whether to laugh or cry, despite the tear streaks running down his face. His brow was quirked in an odd direction. Unexpectedly, he burst into laughter.

"'Haitham, you don't need to apologize, I know how you feel! I accept your apology, though because I know you meant no harm. It's okay Alhaitham." Then Kaveh jumped into my arms, causing me to fall out of my crutches and land on a sofa behind me.

And he kissed me.

In front of everyone, on top of it.

Damn, it's like he wanted to show his love for me to everyone. Not like they didn't know already. I could practically hear Cyno gasp behind me. Shut up Cyno, I growled to myself. He was so immature.

Kaveh's lips were soft against mine, which were cracked and bleeding. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all being with Kaveh.

                                                            ***

A few weeks later, after Kaveh and I had our injuries treated and we bid farewell to the rest of the group and led them out the door (which was funny, because Kaveh seemed eager to quickly close the door on them), we found ourselves hanging around in the house with no purpose.

The main questions he asked were:
"Alhaitham, are you okay?"
"When Cyno and Nari came a few days ago, what did they do to you?"
"Did they give you drugs?"

Kaveh repeated these questions over and over, sounding extremely paranoid. It really wasn't anything major- they had put a splint on my leg. I had no clue in the world why he was overreacting like this, so I just shook my head no every time. This time when he asked, he exhaled a huge breath. "Wanna get a coffee?" He questioned, all happy and bubbly all of the sudden. I blinked. Honestly, did he really want to get coffee at a time like this, where my leg was about as useless as a wagon with no wheels?? I loved Kaveh, but he was out of it a little. "Let's rest, Kaveh. I can't go anywhere with this splint." At that he seemed to utter a faint 'oh' and pouted. Reaching up to him and taking hold of his hands, I guided him to the couch and sat him down on my lap, facing me.

"Kaveh, can we...forget?"