𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕'𝚜 𝙺𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚎𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚗

"'𝙸𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎, 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍.'"

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· ☪ ·._.·°¯°·.·°·.·°°°

There really is nothing like a hot summer day to get people active in the streets of New York.

Well, that and runaway apparitions.

Surely if you were walking down the street in Manhattan you would expect anything but a vintage hearse blaring alarms and driving like laws don't exist. Also sewer grates blasting into the sky before lodging themselves into the sidewalk.

Welcome to Manhattan, New York. A hot summer day. Oh, did we forget to mention that the Ghostbusters are back?

・゚゚・。‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

The Ecto-1 screeched around a block corner, just barely missing a group of pedestrians. It weaves around cars as a previously mentioned sewer grate flings into the air, then crunches halfway into the asphalt.

In the Ecto-1 sit five individuals. Gary Grooberson at the wheel, cringing over a sudden increase of engine temperature; Callie Spengler in the passenger seat shouting warnings of bikes and red lights; Trevor Spengler in the back, trying not to puke; and Phoebe Spengler and Y/n Stirling, laughing over terrible ghost jokes.

"So, a photon is checking into a hotel." Phoebe begins, gripping her particle thrower.

"Can we not do jokes right now, please? I feel like I'm gonna puke." complains her brother, looking around cautiously.

"Haven't heard this one yet." Y/n encourages, messing with the buttons on a recording device she keeps with her.

"The bellhop asks 'Do you need help with your luggage?' To which the photon replies 'No thanks, I'm traveling light.'" Phoebe finished, winking slowly.

Y/n laughed, as did Gary. Trevor sighed a "Wow..."

"That was so bad. Never change." Y/n said, her laughs relaxing. Phoebe grinned, a little flustered.

Trevor rolled his eyes and leaned into the front seat. "Can we get some air back here, please? It's like a furnace."

Gary flipped a switch in an attempt to turn on the air conditioner, only to turn off the alarms. "No air. Also no power."

Callie huffed in annoyance, turning her head to the back seat. "Trev, we need power!"

"Can you not talk to me like that, please? I'm eighteen now, I'm an adult."

"Last time I checked, adults used big boy voices and didn't complain to their mommies." Y/n teased, earning a slap on the shoulder from him.

"Oh, come on! We're on a job, buddy!"

"I'm not getting paid!" Trevor reminded, "Are you guys getting paid?"

"No."
"Nah."

"Cool. Does anyone else feel exploited?"