𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚑𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚜

"𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗. 𝚂𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕, 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚗 𝚘𝚋𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚕𝚞𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛."

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· ☪ ·._.·°¯°·.·°·.·°°°

True to Ettie's word, Phoebe wasn't taking the benching well in the least. She was blowing off steam in her room by tossing meaningless papers around and muttering curses. She'd already complained to her mom and Gary who didn't turn much of a blind eye. Then again, maybe those vulgar things Phoebe said to her mom were a little far. It wasn't exactly her fault that she was being benched.

A rhythmic knock sounded on the other side of the closed door. Phoebe huffed and tossed the paper into the trash basket before falling backwards on her bed. "What?!"

The door creaked open and Y/n stood in the doorway holding a basket of their favorite snacks and things, wearing a casual summer outfit. "Damn, girl. Not even in the mood for barbeque chips?"

Phoebe sat up quickly, jumping off her bed and clearing her throat. "No, I didn't mean... I didn't... just give me the chips."

Y/n tossed the snack to her and shut the door, making herself at home on Phoebe's bed. Phoebe's room didn't look like it belonged to a teenage girl, but rather to a 50 something year old guy who had a midlife crisis and just started building stuff. She'd told her this, Phoebe wasn't amused but she did laugh.

"How are you so calm about this?" the Spengler asked.

"Oh, I'm not. Currently devising a plan to lock Peck in his bathroom and set fire to the place. You think he wears underwear with bunnies on them?"

Phoebe snickered, pushing her glasses up her nose. "Why would you want to know that?"

"He's a little bitch so it's either bunnies or unicorns, but I think he's a little too bland for unicorns. He has no whimsy, ya know?"

Phoebe laughed, tossing some junk that was on her bed out of the way so she could sit properly on it.

"Look, you're already smiling!"

"Maybe... but if the world ends while we're stuck in here playing uno or something, it's on them." Phoebe said, laying on her back and putting her arm over her eyes, minding the glasses.

"Yeah, but," Y/n began, starting to snack on a bag of chips, "then we'd have the world to ourselves, right? Rules wouldn't be a thing and no one would tell us shit about what we gotta do."

Phoebe turned her head to Y/n, taking her arm off her face. "I don't find it likely that we'd be spared by whatever malevolent force causes the world's destruction."

Y/n pressed her lips into a thin line, shrugging. "True. So any plans for the next few years?"

"Are you kidding? I'm not just going to sit around and wait to be an adult, I'm going to prove that I belong on the field with them even if I'm a minor."