Unattended Godling

For the record, Five Pebbles hadn't been scared by the huge beast from below.

He had simply lost his balance, his umbilical reacted instinctively to the clear threat, it was pure reflexes!

At least Saint was too busy attacking the water to notice his total lack of fear.

He needed to fix that scanner, now. Even if he could easily defend himself against such a creature, if it had managed to find a blind spot, either by coincidence or having a certain level of intelligence, it didn't matter, he had gotten carried away by the apparent lack of threats of this world and let his guard down.

Although whatever that creature was, it seemed at least as surprised to find them as they were to discover it existed, Pebbles hoped he wouldn't have to see the thing again before he had something to take it down if it got too bold.

But first, make that bell sound stop.

"Saint stop shooting, that thing is gone, you're just hitting the water!" He yelled at the scug as he pulled them away from the railing, it wouldn't be the first time they had fallen into the water and he didn't want to waste time and resources getting them out of there.

But Saint seemed determined to make sure that thing didn't come out of the water again, so after a few minutes he gave up and went to repair the scanner, leaving only one overseer to look after the stressed Scug.

And if more and more overseers were sent to patrol the depths of the area, it was no one's business but his, he was just being cautious.

His cautions proved to be correct when the creature was again detected approaching shortly before the rain fell again.

At least it seemed to have the common sense of not getting close to his megastructure, but the fact that it was surrounding him as if stalking the place, didn't help his nerves if a hit from whatever Saint had thrown into the water didn't finish that thing off if it decided to attack, Pebbles is confident that an attack of his could do so if he is willing to sacrifice enough energy for it.

Of course, that's when fate reminds him that luck has never been on his side, when through one of his internal overseers he sees a strange black substance beginning to expand in the center of the megastructure, in the place he had started to call his room.

He didn't even think twice before he started moving there, leaving a surprised Saint behind, he changed the priority of his systems from investigation to defense, the energy moving towards the few weapons he had outside of his puppet, which now he realized weren't many, a big oversight on his part.

Doors and shortcuts opened and closed as he passed, and the black stain began to take on a humanoid shape, the giant sea creature swam away after getting it with an electric shock when it got too close, one less problem.

It took him less than a minute to reach his room, the black stain now looking like a skeletal creature... suspiciously similar to the giant creature.

The skeletal being was dressed like some kind of painter, a giant paintbrush firmly in its hand, and it looked directly at him as soon as Five Pebbles entered the room.

The emotions on its face changed as much as the shapes in its eyes, before settling into one that made Five Pebbles angry.

Pity.

In his opinion, that creature deserved the beam of energy he threw at it.

-------------------------------

"Please tell me that the godling I just found in my universe is yours or Dream's!"

As Creator, Ink had given life to hundreds of millions of lives with each universe he created, but he had never considered them... family, they were not his children, he did not see them that way and his creations did not see him that way either.