Iterator + Infinite water = happy robot noises

He was pretty sure either he had been dropped in the only place on the planet not touched by the Ancients, or a time long before their civilization.

The machinery and technology that remained, accumulating dust, was honestly so outdated that it was laughable how easy was to repair it and have access to the global network, his sister was more advanced than this!

And he found out was what he expected once he realized that he couldn't contact any Iterator and at the same time took him by surprise.

He just didn't fall out in a common ocean, that would've been nice, especially when he realized there weren't any Iterators close. This was an ENTIRE PLANET with water for him to use, the information he had got from the abandoned computers told him that even when there were continents here and there, most of the planet was water.

Iterators didn't exist here, anything remotely close to the Ancients was far from his creators, these 'Monsters' were similar in appearance but eons away in evolution, comparing them was unfair and an insult to the Ancients.

'Time travel' was his first theory on what happened, maybe he manage to get out the cycle but it cost him to be thrown to the very past of the Ancient civilization. But then his investigation threw this... humans.

His memories of things before the Rot were still a bit diffused without his neurons and he's unsure if whatever is allowing him to bring the rest of himself to this place will include his neurons once everything is finished, and his memories from before the Global Ascension were dispersed at best, and while he has to admit that his creators care little about civilizations before them, he was pretty sure that if this 'humans' had existed at the same time that the Ancients they would've mention them, even if just to mock them for surviving while the got extinct.

That created his new theory "World/Dimension Travel", even if he didn't discard the 'Time Travel', he had all the time in the world to get to the bottom of his situation.

Which brings up the best thing that comes out of his discovery.

He didn't have to share with anyone, weeks of trial and error had shown him that all of his taboos were gone, his new abilities allowed him to turn most metal into a part of his megastructure, but didn't prevent him from taking his puppet, now his main body, to wherever he wanted.

And he had taken full advantage of it, he had spent hours exploring the island while his systems did investigations and constructions on the side, he was on his way to re-do his overseers so he could explore underwater, once his megastructure was operative again the downpour will start affecting the island and surroundings.

So, he needed to see if any creature here could be used in the long run, even if genetic modifications were never his thing like SRS or NSH, he still knew the basics, he needed to know what things his companion would need to eat, the climate will change too, but it seems that they were perfectly adaptable to it, given how they went from an iced tundra to a tropical island without major problems or health complications.

Scugs were such weird life forms.

But at least it was one thing less to worry about.

Unfortunately, the island didn't have much wildlife to grab onto, insects and the occasional bird that seemed to have gotten lost were its only inhabitants, at least with computers back online he could start looking for ways to give these beings a purpose.

"Should I use some of the birds to keep you company? Once my structure is up and running, I won't have much time to take care of you." He told the scug one day, now with a Communication Mark, that had been his priority once he regained his energy thanks to whatever allowed him to bring his old megastructure to this place, so at least now he was sure that the green creature understood him.