14

Two days had passed and Anbu was still unconscious. Adaikalam and a few others would come to check up on him from time to time. Harini was quietly observing everything.

It was the third day, around 6 pm, Harini was standing in the balcony thinking about something.

In the room, Anbu was slowly gaining consciousness. His fingers moved, his eyes flickered and slowly he cracked his eyes open. Anbu blinked few times to adjust to the lighting. He could see his bedrooms' ceiling. Slowly his mind drifted to the moments that happened few days back. He wondered what happened to Harini. Did she run away from here? Did she just leave him?

Anbu tried to sit up bur groaned in pain. Harini who was in the balcony heard the sound and quickly rushed in to see Anbu trying to sit. Harini quickly came to him and helped him sit comfortably putting a pillow behind his back. Anbu looked at Harini in shock. He thought that she would've escaped, but here she is, by his side.

Anbu tried to say something, but his throat was parched, and Harini helped him drink water. He stared at Harini finding some changes in her. The fear and ignorance in her eyes were filled with an essence of longing and hope, which he couldn't decipher the reason to.

Anbu: nee nalla iruka la,unaku ethum adi padalaiye.? ( your okay right? Are you not hurt anywhere ?)

Harini just shaked her head. She then proceeded to call Adaikalam and told him that Anbu was awake. 30 mins later, adaikalam and a few men came to see Anbu. Harini went down and sat in the living room. She was thinking, whether to ask him about his past or not. At that moment Adaikalam walked down looking at his phone. Harini looked at him and wondered, of Anbu was in that orphanage than Adaikalam would have been there aswell. She decided to ask him first. Although she was scared of him, she went near and stood not knowing how to address him. Adaikalam felt someone's presence and turned around to see Harini.

Adai: enachu..( What happened?)

Har: konjo varsham munadi neenga Sathyamangalam orphanage la irunthingala? (Few years back, were you staying in the Sathyamangalam orphanage?)

Adaikalam frowned thinking how she knew about this, but then he slowly nodded.

Adai: unaku epdi theriyum..(how do you know?)

Har: ungalku maranthu pochu nu nenaikren. Apo neenga elarum orphanage la irukumbothu, na ungala paathurken. Apo na kutti ah irupen. En birthday ku vanthu sweets kuduthu apro neraya vaati pesirken...(you must've forgotten then. When you and the others were in the orphanage,  I used to come there,I was young at that time. I came there for my birthday and gave sweets and then met you guys many times.)

Adaikalam frowned. He thought about the time they lived in the orphanage. He kept thinking as he remembered a little girl meeting them. Her being very talkative and sassy. The girl would always ask about Anbu (which was Das in her perspective). He then remembered that the little girl's name was Harini and the girl standing in front of him was also named Harini.

Adai: nee..(you)

Har: na thaan antha chinna ponnu. (It is me, I'm that little girl)

Har: unga elarkum ena aachu, yaaru ungala kidnap panathu...(What happened to all of you, and who kidnapped you)

And before Adaikalam could explain, he was called by someone and he went out saying that Anbu would explain everything to her. Sometime later, the other men also left. Harini slowly walked up to see Anbu was sleeping. She sighed and sat beside him. She took his right hand in hers and caressed the scar. And then she removed the bracelet that she was wearing, which she gave it to Anbu years ago and put it around his wrist. Harini then sat on the couch beside the bed and eventually fell asleep.

The next day...

Anbu woke up around 8.30 am. He slowly sat up qnd rubbed his eyes so he could have a clear vision. He looked around but there was no sight of Harini. Anbu felt thirsty and saw a water bottle on the bedside table. He leaned a little to get the bottle but stopped midway. His right hand was adorned with a bracelet. 

Anbu felt a wave of nostalgia seeing the bracelet. He caressed it wondering about the bracelet. He remembered that it was the same bracelet from years ago. He was wearing the bracelet as it was a gift from his little friend who visited him every weekend. He had lost the bracelet when he was kidnapped by those gangsters.

But how is it here now? Anbu then gasped. The little friend of his is the girl he fell in love with. He just couldn't believe it. Destiny had separated them but now they've met again. Anbu felt so happy. He threw away the blanket and got up. Despite feeling pain, he walked out of the room searching for Harini.

Anbu slowly walked down the stairs and he could hear sound coming from the kitchen. He walked to the kitchen to see Harini cooking something. Anbu walked towards Harini and backhugged her and.......

New chapter uploaded makkale. 

Sorry for the late update as your author is sick 🥵🤧, but somehow I've written it. Hope you guys like it.

Read panungo,vote podungo and comment makkale.

Thank you 😊 💓.