- Ⅰ

ˏˋ ╎ ⁀➷❤️🍒'ˎ˗

SINCE THE MOMENT JASON GRACE regained his memory, he felt incomplete

SINCE THE MOMENT JASON GRACE regained his memory, he felt incomplete. There were weird gaps, things he didn't understand, and the more he tried to reach those memories the harder it was to obtain them. When he focused in on certain aspects of his old life, he would see the blur, like a mark left behind by an eraser.

Sometimes, in the middle of the day, he would get visions of someone. He would remember her laughter, the way she smiled, but never how she looked or acted. In a way, she reminded Jason of a goddess. Mysterious, enchanting, glowing. He knew that whoever this mystery figure was, she was someone from his past. Someone very important that was probably looking for him. Oh gods. She was looking for him.

When he voiced these concerns to Chiron, the old centaur shrugged his shoulders. "Perhaps the Lethe erased memories it could never give back," was all he would say. The centaur suggested that Jason would move on with his life, not dwelling on the past so much. He would've gone along with his new life, the lie, if it weren't for the fact that everywhere he turned, he found something that reminded him of her. The strawberries that grew in the fields, the way the sun shone brightly in the sky. Even a jar containing jelly beans (a prank by the Stolls, who knew Jason hated them) gave him Deja Vu.

For Olympian's sake, he didn't even know what Deja Vu was, he just knew he experienced it. He had to borrow a dictionary from the Athena cabin to search for the meaning, and once he found it he knew that he had a severe case of it. Dysfunctional connections between the parts of your brain that play a role in memory, further research confirmed. Dysfunctional. Jason had never even seen that word, and yet he knew he was dysfunctional dreaming of a girl he believed he's never met in this lifetime.

He didn't even know her name, her appearance, or if she even existed, he just knew she was somewhere in between Olympus and Tartarus. Because of this, he never knew peace during his time at Camp Half Blood.

"Has anyone told you, you look sort of like Captain America?" Leo asked during another sleepless night filled with tinkering in the engine room of the Argo ll, named after the original Jason's original ship. When Leo first suggested the name, it sort of creeped Jason out. So much of his life was already similar to the original's. He also didn't need the ship. He grew fond of the name, of course, but he sometimes got weirded out when Leo would jokingly call him an argonaut.

Jason looked up from his comic book issue, one that he bought the last time he was in New York, and frowned. "Why do you ask?"

"No reason, just a best friend wanting to talk to his best friend," Leo hummed, steam coming off his body.

"Leo you hate talking when you're working," Jason said, folding the comic book and setting it down in his lap. He was on the floor of the steam room."Annabeth is banned from the Bunker because she kept on nagging you."