002

"AH SHIT!"

Annabeth let out a hiss of pain as she held her thumb in her hand, glaring down at the test tube that had decided to burn her, despite the fact that she had been the one to heat it up and then forget it was hot, resulting in her fingers being burnt when she went to grab it.

"Well it looks like things are going swell in here."

Annabeth turned, glaring at the woman who decided to intrude on her business.

"You might want to put that under some water before it blisters," the brunette said, watching the younger Stark with an expressionless look on her face.

"Thank you for stating the obvious, Miss I know everything," Annabeth snarked, walking over to the sink and putting her hand under the cold water, glaring at the test tube from across the room.

"I'm Maria Hill," the brunette said, walking over to the table and looking down at the multitude of different vials that were scattered all over the place. "I came to let you know that you're officially in the system so you can start transferring things from your home to here, including your AI. This is also your ID card," she said, placing it down on the table as Annabeth dried her hand off and walked towards another table, grabbing her laptop and bringing it over to where she was working.

"Great," Annabeth muttered, giving another glare to the test tube before typing something away on her computer. She glanced back up when she noticed that Maria still had not left. "Can I help you with anything else Miss Nosy Butt?"

Maria only raised an eyebrow at the nickname. "I was just wondering how far you'd gotten."

"It's been," Annabeth looked up at the clock on the wall before looking back at Maria. "Seven hours since I got here. Recreating this serum is not going to happen in a singular night, monkeybutt."

"Seriously," Maria questioned. "Monkeybutt?"

"You look like one," Annabeth shrugged, only gaining an eyeroll from Maria.

She really was Tony's sister if the commentary was anything to go off of. Maria knew that the two didn't look much alike. Tony had light brown hair whereas Annabeth had blonde hair. He had brown eyes, she had a dazzling blue. Yet the brains and sarcastic comments were the exact same. Not to mention the fact that they both thought they were better than everyone else.

"You're still here," Annabeth said. "Why are you still here?"

"I'm comparing you to your brother in my mind," Maria responded. "You don't look alike, yet your mannerisms are the same. Sarcasm, thinks they're better than everyone else, yup, you're really checking all the boxes."

The blonde glared up at the agent, her eyes narrowed.

"You can leave now, monkeybutt."

Maria merely hummed in response before she turned on her heel, leaving the lab and letting the doors swish shut behind her.

Annabeth let out a huff of annoyance as she turned back to her work. It was almost three in the morning when she finally left her one station, her back cramping from being hunched over doing calculations for hours.

She made her way over to her office, making herself a cup of coffee from the machine in the corner of the room, pulling her hair back into a low, messy bun as she waited for it to finish.

Grabbing the steaming cup, she sighed in content as she took a sip, making her way back over to the lab. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she spotted another person in her lab as she walked down the hallway.

The doors opened for her and the new person turned around, eyes glancing her up and down. "So it's true," he said, looking her over. "They brought in Tony's sister."