Chapter 2: First Meeting

You chuckle quietly at the enraged silence behind you, no doubt at your insolence.

"Y'know, it's bad manners to refuse an offer of drink."

The silence continues, before he finally responds.

"And you think I care why? Clearly you know who I am." You can feel the self-satisfied smirk from behind you. In return, you roll your eyes.

"Everyone knows who you are, you'd have to live under a rock to not know."

"It seems people have deemed you worthy of knowing as well. Ikiryo Kyuuketsuki, they call you. Ghost of the Living," Sukuna scoffs, shaking his head as he stares down at you. "Can't say I see why, with your pitiful amounts of cursed energy."

You only hum in response, finishing your sake. This seems to just piss him off more.

"Why are you here, Sukuna?" You ask. You let your cursed energy flare just the tiniest bit, letting the front of your body begin to transform so he can't see what you're doing, starting with your eyes.

"I'm here to get rid of the pest who likes to call herself a rival to me."

"I never said that, it's the people who said that." You're stalling now while you adjust to your temporary eyes, the world coming into crystal-clear view. The overstimulation of the Six Eyes is worth your life, so you deal with it.

"Get on your knees and beg for your life, and perhaps I'll spare you."

He ignores your response to him. The air of arrogance he exudes as he says this makes you scoff with amusement, smoothing your hair back as it shortens and turns white.

"I think I'll pass."

You feel his surge of cursed energy less than a second before you dodge to the side, a huge slash now splitting the stall you were just eating at down the middle.

"Oh come on, I liked that place!" You exclaim in your friend's voice, immediately getting on guard.

He doesn't acknowledge this, his face fixed in a mix of a bored and angry expression. You notice that the chef survived unscathed though, so at least if you manage to get out of this you'll be able to come back if you want.

You duck just as another cleave would've cut you in half at the waist, pushing yourself back when you hear the wall of a building creaking beside you. It comes down between, but neither of you take a moment to pause as the rest of the building is dismantled.

Thanks to your temporary eyes you're able to see him through the dust and blood, all the occupants of the building being crushed around you. The cleaves that Sukuna throws hit the other townsfolk if they dare be too close, leaving puddles and body parts around for you to be careful of stepping on.

You continue to dance around his cleaves and dismantles, grinning as you watch him use his technique and drink in his cursed energy. This is an opportunity you couldn't pass up.

You let out a laugh as you use a dust and blood cloud from one of them as a smokescreen to run, hiding your cursed energy and changing into a civilian child.

"Come out, brat! Face your miserable death with open arms!"

You only roll your eyes, thinking as you run around him. Your plan is risky and downright stupid, but if it pays off, it'll be worth it.

And if it doesn't, you'll just be dead. There are worse outcomes.

Putting on your best act, you run out screaming and sobbing through the dust and blood hanging low in the air, coughing as you make your way directly towards Sukuna from the back.