Chapter 7: Outside Exploration and a Health Crisis

Knocking on the door, you wait a moment with the tray of tea outside of it until you get a response. At a short "Enter", you push the door open to reveal Sukuna standing near his desk, looking through his scrolls. You avert your eyes, pausing.

"Over there, brat." You nod, following his nod to his spot by the window. As you're setting it up for him, you occasionally glance over to his form.

Because of his wide stature you can't quite see exactly what he's doing, but you notice him pulling down scrolls, checking them, and putting them back. Based on the fact that his private reading area in the library is unorganized, you can safely assume his personal stash is unorganized too.

"Have I not reiterated that you are to keep your head bowed in my presence?" Sukuna questions, not turning around.

"You have. Can't help it, you're just so interesting to look at," you quip, standing. Sukuna sighs, turning with a scroll in hand.

"I don't recall asking for a response," he mutters, walking past you to sit in his spot that overlooks the gardens. You pour the tea into his cup, which he seems slightly surprised by, but doesn't say anything.

"What's it about?" You ask, folding your hands into your sleeves. He raises an eyebrow at your question, one of his eyes glancing at you while he reads. He doesn't answer. "Well, if that's all..." you start shifting towards the door, a few moments passing before he speaks again.

"You're to bring me tea every morning at dawn for the foreseeable future. Can you handle that?" It's not a question, by his tone it almost seems a little like he's mocking you. For what, you don't know.

"If that's what you wish, your highness," you respond with a grin, matching his sarcastic tone. You hear him scoff before he waves you off, and you take your leave.

Well, there goes my peaceful mornings... you think to yourself as you exit, making your way to the kitchens.

On your way there you pass through the east wing, where you see a familiar form walking through the halls.

"Asuka, hey. You're up early," you say as you catch up. She jumps in surprise, then laughs and rubs the back of her neck.

"Well, you know. Gotta get the chores done quickly so I have time to go out later!" Asuka chuckles, the two of you walking together.

"Fair enough. Wish I wasn't trapped here all the time, but I'm glad you get some time to yourself." Asuka offers a sympathetic smile, then gets an idea.

"Ooh, have you explored the gardens yet? They're beautiful, and at least you won't be cooped up inside the Shrine. Get some fresh air," she offers. You nod while getting a quick breakfast ready for yourself, though you aren't that hungry.

"I haven't really, no. Saw it briefly when Uraume was giving me the tour, and I've been sitting out there in the mornings, but I haven't really explored it."

"Ooh, then I should totally show you around!" Asuka exclaims. You smile to yourself, a brief memory of beautiful blue eyes and a bright smile flashing in your mind before you shake yourself back to the present.

"Well, now's a better time than any other."

Asuka cheers quietly, bouncing on her toes while the two of you make your way out. You start leading her back the way you came, passing by the curse users' meeting room. A man walks out, who you soon recognize by the long red hair and shitty attitude to be Daijirou. You don't pay him any mind, just walking past with Asuka. You notice his face twitch in the corner of your eye, but don't pay his offense any mind.

You get closer to the north wing before Asuka stops.

"I can't go that way, remember? I'm not permitted in the north wing," Asuka reminds you. You pause, thinking for a moment.