Chapter 8 - A Tough Choice to Make

[Word count - 744]

A few days later...

Location - Hospital Room

Your POV

I was still in shocked over what happened... A spotlight fell on Anon's head, and it caused her to be in a coma. Thankfully, the paramedics came to take her to the hospital. The doctors did everything they could, but no matter how hard they try, there was no change in Anon's condition.

I've been visiting her almost everyday, and it broke my heart to see her in this kind of state. This time, I brought over some flowers, and I put them in an empty vase by the bed. Afterwards, I sat down beside her with a gentle smile.

"Hi Anon, it's me again." I said. "I brought you flowers this time. Hopefully you'll be able to see them before they die."

As expected, she didn't respond. But it was okay, I wasn't planning on leaving her side. I took her hand, and I gave it a gentle squeeze.

"I do hope you wake up soon, though." I said. "I missed you, and I know Tomori and the others miss you as well."

While I am just sitting here in silence, I get a text message on my phone. I looked at it and saw that it was Ren, and judging from what it says, something tells me that it is not going to end well for me.

Ren's text: I need you to come meet me at the cafe for a serious talk.

Whenever Ren wants to have a serious talk with me, I know deep down that it's not going to end well for me...
_____________________________________________

An hour later...

Location - The Cafe

Location - The Cafe

I rushed over to the cafe as soon as possible. As I walked inside, I looked around for Ren to see if she was anywhere in sight. I was able to find her in the end, but...

 I was able to find her in the end, but

... she's definitely pissed. I walked over to the table, and I sat down across from her.

"Hey, babe, sorry I'm late."

"Don't "Hey, babe" me!" She said. "Where the hell were you?"

"I was at the hospital with Anon."

She groaned loudly.

"I swear to God you care more about her than you do about me!" She said.

"Are you kidding me? She's in a coma because a spotlight fell on top of her!" I said. "It could've been worse if the paramedics didn't show up in time!"

"Maybe they should've ignored her."

I was starting to get annoyed by everything that was coming out of her mouth. It sounds like she's the one who made the spotlight fall on Anon... Wait a minute...

"Ren, did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Made the spotlight fall on Anon's head?"

Ren didn't answer right away. Instead, she looks at me with a devious smirk on her face.

(Pretend this is Ren smirking)

"Yes, I am the one who did it." She said.

"Why would you do that?" I asked.

"She was getting in the way of our relationship." She replied. "All I want is for her to be out of the picture."

"Really? Taking out a girl who can't even hurt a fly? That's low, even for you."

"I did what I had to do in order to make sure to keep our relationship strong."

I let out a sigh.

"Honestly, Ren, I can't even look at you."

I got up from my chair and I start to walk away towards the door.

"And where do you think you're going?"

"I am going back to Anon."

"You know that if you walk out that door, we won't be in a relationship anymore."

"That's fine by me, and I'll make sure you get a nice visit from the cops as well."

I stormed out of the cafe and darted back to the hospital. I probably made the toughest decision of my life, but to be honest, I don't care. Ren is now crazy, and I refuse to be in a relationship with someone like that.

Now the only one I care about is Anon, and I plan on staying by her side until she wakes up.

To be continued

A/N: The book has finally returned after so long.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Next book to update: The Music of Destiny

Shout-out to those who added my books to their reading lists!

MarkReynolds7

JackRyan658

unkn0wnangel