Chapter 11 - Just Being Friends

[Word count - 1,098]

Evening...

Location - Residential Area

Your POV

Man, the last few weeks have been crazy and stressful. Where do I even start? Well, I guess I could start with everything that has been going on between Anon and I.

It has been a few days since she got her memories back, and ever since then, I made sure to hang out with her as much as I can. Making sure she felt loved and appreciated after everything she went through.

During that period, I felt a little bit... overprotective of her. That might be bad, but can you blame me? A whole spotlight fell on her head. Who wouldn't be protective of her at that point?

Now it is the evening, and I am walking Anon home. As we were walking, she looked at me with an awkward smile on her face.

"Thank you for walking me home, even though you really didn't have to." She said.

"It's fine, and remember that I live close to you, so this works out for me." I replied.

"Yeah, for you..."

"Do you not like it when I walk you to your house?" I asked.

Anon was quick to shake her head.

"That's not it! It's just..."

"Just what?"

"Nevermind. You wouldn't understand..."

Anon let out a quiet sigh, thinking I wouldn't hear her. But I heard her, and I know she doesn't want me to hang around her all of the time. With Ren out of the picture, it might be okay to let my guard down just a bit.

"Hey, Anon. Is it okay if I tell you something?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah. What is it?"

"You mentioned that your birthday is on September 8th, right?"

"Yeah. It is. Why do you ask?"

"I was wondering... if it's okay that we can go to a cafe? Just me and you?"

A shocking blush appears on Anon's face. I don't think this was the last thing she was expecting to hear.

"You mean... like a date?"

"Well, yeah, actually. If you want to that is."

Anon didn't say anything for a while. My offer to take her out to a cafe was kind of sudden for her, but I am hoping that she would say yes, so I can tell her how I feel.

"Is it okay if I think about it, first?"

"Yeah, take all of the time you need."

"Alright, thank you."
_____________________________________________