Lost in thoughts and revelations (short chapter)

Hyunjin stared off into the distance as he was lost in thought, thinking again about his near encounter with Nekronos, how close he was to the demon and how he was almost caught by him. He couldn't help but fantasize about what Nekronos truly looked like.

Marcus noticed and called out to Hyunjin. Hyunjin shook his head and looked over to Marcus.

"Yes?"

"You alright? You spaced out for a good few minutes." Marcus asked.

Hyunjin blushed as he couldn't find the words to explain how he was fantasizing about the demon whom he nearly had a run-in with. His mind again tried to piece together everything he was told about Nekronos and what he had gotten from the short glance he was able to get.

"I've just got a lot on my mind... It's kinda hard to process everything I've had to go through so far. I mean, I literally fell through the world and ended up in a totally new one that has literal demons who want to end my life due to me not being from here... Kind of a lot to process." He replied.

Marcus nodded and smiled, that smile seriously reminded Hyunjin of Bangchan and now he wondered if Marcus wasn't this world's equivalent to Chan. He brushed off that thought and smiled back at him.

"I'll be okay, I'm just ... A little homesick as well. I haven't seen or heard from my friends in so long... It's just hard without them. I've also been having these nagging thoughts about Nekronos and what he might have to do with me being here. There has to be a reason I am suddenly able to understand a demonic language that only those from one special family can give the ability to learn the language to those they deem worthy." Hyunjin sighed.

"It is quite puzzling that you just suddenly picked up on the language without being granted the special skill... You are really something, someone special that this world might have needed and that's why you ended up here. Perhaps there is something you can do to finally put a stop to the wars waged by the children of Nekron, perhaps even win one of them over to our side. With everything you've told me and your sudden interest in Nekronos... I get the feeling and I have a divine and righteous premonition that it will be him. The most powerful of them all and Nekron's namesake. You will somehow win him over and he might be the key to getting you home... Now don't take my word on this but this is the feeling I'm getting." Marcus replied.

Hyunjin was taken back by Marcus' sudden words of wisdom and now wondered if he could somehow win Nekronos over to his side and maybe even use him to get home. It sounded selfish but he was willing to give it a shot if it meant he could finally go home. 

(Note: This chapter is short as I am gearing up to finally introduce one of the Akarune siblings!)