Trente-deux

"Sit back down!! I don't bite "

without looking at me he tells me in a hush tone.

Not wanting to obey his command but having no other choice I settle back into my seat and wait impatiently for the class to end.

"If you don't mind, y/n, can I take a look at your notes from previous lectures?"

His request caught me off guard, leaving me wondering how he knew my name and if he remembered me. Before I could dwell on it, he continues.

"Um....,Principal Liam told me how good of a student you are, so if you have no problem, I would like to copy your notes?"

I shot him a sidelong glance as I drag my laptop in front of him, opening the folder of my notes.

"H..here you go."

I hand it to him as  he gives me a thumb up before diving into the pages and reading through them. As he reads through them I could feel his eyes on my profile as I stared straight ahead

"Can I send the notes to myself through your Gmail?"

Taking the laptop back toward me, I copy all the notes before asking him for his Gmail.

"What's your Gmail?."

Instead of telling me, he leans in, pressing the right side of his body against my left as he types on my laptop. I feel his hot breath brush against my cheeks as he bent his head slightly to hide from the professor's view behind the laptop, then sends all the notes to himself.

Biting my lips I clench my hands by my side.

"Thank you, y/n."

He returned to his previous position, a small smirk forming on his lips, unknown to me as I remain in shock from the sudden proximity.

As the class ends, I hurriedly gather my belongings, intent on heading to the washroom, but that jerk stops
me by grasping my wrist.again!!.

"Can you, umm, join me for lunch? I'm new here, and I don't have any friends, so..."

He trailed off, looking down and scratching his head.

Even though he might not remember me but I do. I know that even a hint of affection from him, even if unintended, could reignite my feelings and lead to my downfall.

"but..." I couldn't meet his intense gaze as he looks up at me as I begin to Speak.

"I need to go do... some work at the library, so..." I trailed off, noticing a flicker of hurt in his eyes, but ignore it.

"I can help you with whatever you're doing. You'll get assistance, and I'll get some company," Jungkook offeres earnestly.

"Gosh, I don't need his help. Maybe I should excuse myself for the washroom and hide in there from him? Yeah, that's a good idea."

"Well, you can go first. I'll come in a few moments. I need to..."
My sentence was cut off as Kelly grabs my arm and began speaking.

"Hi, Jungkook!"

she greets in her honey-like voice, twirling her hair around her finger as she cast a seductive glance at him.

"I'm Kelly, as you might already know. I'm very famous around here,"

she giggles ,while Jungkook gives her an expressionless look.

"Why don't you join our group, Jungkook? We need someone with looks and class, and you seem to be perfect for it,"

she said, examining him up and down.

"Even though we already have too many people in our group but for you, darling, I can kick a few out so you can join,"

Kelly says with a full cheeky smile, sending a shiver down my spine .Desperate to avoid being part of their conversation, I attempt to slip away unnoticed.

But just as I was almost out of their reach, someone that I already know grabs my bag, causing me to halt and look back.

"Keller or Kerry, whatever your name is... I don't want to join your group. So if you'll excuse me and stop wasting my time, I'll take my leave."

With that, Jungkook dismisses her and drags me by my bag out of the class.

"Leave me! What are you doing? I'm not a dog that you can drag me like one!"

I struggle to free my bag from his grip , but he suddenly let go, causing me to jerk backward as I was pushing my bag away from him.

As I was on the brink of falling, Jungkook panickes and grabs the front of my shirt, pulling me toward him,causing my face to collide with his chest.

"Ouch..." I rubbed my nose and looked up from his chest to meet his warm cocoa-colored eyes. They are always cold and emotionless, but now they held flecks of ember and gold, conveying an unknown emotion that made it seem like he was looking at something precious.

He didn't break the eye contact, as I push his chest harshly and step backward, causing him to emit a painful groan as his back met the wall.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry  but you deserve it," I apologized, feeling not guilty at all, then hurriedly escaped from the scene as he rub his back.

"Y/N..." I heard him shout, but I take a quick turn around the corner of the hallway and slip into the first room I see, seeking refuge.

9:10am

Standing outside the lecture hall, I hesitated to open the door, unsure if I was ready to face him again. Bringing my hand up to the handle, I quickly pull it back.

Maybe I should skip today's classes? But then what about tomorrow? I couldn't keep avoiding him forever.

Still not sure , I eventually enter the class and fabricate a lie to the professor about being delayed due to some problems. He didn't question me, knowing I was usually punctual, and directs me to my seat.

Glancing at my usual spot, I was relieved to find Jungkook absent. With a sigh of relief, I settle into my seat.

But as soon as I sat down, Jungkook enters the room. Unconsciously, I duck my head under the table, hoping to go unnoticed.

Jungkook scans the room, ignoring the professor's nagging about his tardiness.

Peeking from under the table, I gasped as I saw Jungkook facing me, a teasing smirk playing on his lips.

"Why are you hiding from me?" he inquired, shaking his head as he settled into the seat in front of my table. I quickly fix my hair, which got stuck to the side of my mouth .

"N-no, I was just... finding something, yeah." I stammered, attempting to change his attention.

"Ah, I see. Well, if you want, I can help you find your 'SOMETHING,'"

he said in a disbelieving tone, clearly mocking me.

"Just know that my brown eyes are well-trained in the art of finding things." His smile danced on his lips, adding to his playful demeanor.

A genuine smile spread across his face, unlike the ones he usually gave that didn't quite reach his eyes or were merely playful

Feeling embarrassed, my hand instinctively moved toward his face, gripping both sides of his cheeks and turning it towards the direction of the professor as he was checking our yesterday assignment.The shock expression that spread across his face was evident as his eyes widened in surprise.