Ch.15 Part Two - Plan B

~~~~Time Skip / Atsushi's P.O.V.~~~~

Man...when is she gonna show up?

The day's the day according to Ranpo. The fake Shiori should be showing up at this mafia warehouse. The Port Mafia surrounded the area outside while also blocking off any escape routes this fake could take. Everyone was ready to capture this "Shiori" and be done with it.

I continuously walk back and forth as minutes pass. My nerves were getting more and more worse.

"Atsushi-kun, your worked up again."

I stop to face Dazai who was sitting on a nearby crate, simply reading a book. "S-Sorry."

"You should relax, we'll find this fake, put a stop to the people tracking Shiori and bring her home."

"..."

"What?"

"You seem in a better mood. Dazai-san."

"Oh really? Hmm, probably because I slept well last two nights. I'm pretty sure an angel visited me in my dreams each time. Her sweet voice and lovely fragrance were so comforting. It felt like total heaven."

"Your little puppy is far from an angel." Akutagawa enters the warehouse and approaches us. "If anything, she's a devil."

"You only think that because you choose not to see her in her true form."

"More like she doesn't show it on purpose."

"..." Are we talking about Shiori?

"Um, Dazai-san..."

"Yes? What is it?"

"Just what do you see Shiori as? I mean...obviously she's my smart, strong, funny little sister but... She thinks about your well-being more than anyone's."

"She is a puppy constantly following you around like the pet she is. Do you still view her as your guard dog / student? Or is it something else?"

"...My... What's this interrogation?"

"I-I didn't mean to sound-"

"How I see Shiori, huh? ...Well, obviously she's not an animal. Nor is she just my copy. She's more than just a student I once taught..." Dazai looks up at the ceiling as he thinks for a moment. "We've been with each other since childhood... Through the Port Mafia, all my suicidal attempts, and a death of a dear friend... And now we're co-workers and roommates... I guess you can say..." Dazai looks back at both of us with a genuine smile. "Ori-chan is simply my everything. Even my reason to keep living." He whispered that last part so we couldn't hear.

"...Dazai-san... It sounds like you lo-"

"AAAAHHHH!"

In that moment, a horrifying cry could be heard, gun shots soon followed. It only had last for a few seconds before dying out. Soon after that, the entrance gate was blown off its hinges before smashing onto the ground near us. There, wearing an all-white outfit was the fake. Behind her laid the bodies of the mafia...lifeless.

"I knew today was going to be different...but I still came to this place anyways... It was only a matter of time you'd all find out I was only a copy." The fake suddenly giggles to herself, using Shiori's voice. "Oh well, I hope he'll praise me after I finish up here. Hehehehe~."

"Enough!"

"Hmm?" The fake looks at me. "My, my, if it isn't my twin. Sushi, right?"

"Shut up!"

"Rude." she pouts. "You really should be treating your elders with respect."

"Don't say another word! Hearing my sister's voice come out your mouth...with that face... Why are you trying to lure Shiori out of hiding?! Just who is this group after her?! What do you guys want with her?!"

"..." The fake looks from me to Akutagawa to Dazai. "It's simply really...we want her immediate demise. I'm sorry, but that's all I can say on the matter. Even if you know I'm a fake I won't stop hunting her down till I stand over her corpse."

"So, death huh?" Dazai shuts his books close before standing. "Why I ask why you want her dead?"

"I apologize but I can't say. The whole situation is...complicated with so many viewpoints on the matter. But know this, once I get rid of her, my world will be so much easier."

I activate my ability, an overwhelming feeling of anger and protection over comes me as I dart forward.

"Wait, Atsushi!"

"AAAAHHHHHHH!"

The fake only smiles at me, before I'm suddenly lifted in the air. The fake points towards Akutagawa and I'm flung right into him with such force, we almost go through the metal walls of this place.

"Coping Shiori's face isn't the only thing I can do. Who knew your sister had so many abilities at her disposal. It's such a shame she doesn't use it. I mean, she had to kill a lot of people for this kind of power. Let me show you what I mean."

In a blink of an eye, small, shining white spheres surround us and go off, filling the area with explosives.

"That's seriously all you got? What a waste of live."

"One Shiori is enough...but now there's two." The smoke clears to reveal Rashoumon swirling around the two of them. "I can't stand that face or voice. I'll give you a painful death."

"Hmm, you can though? I've read what you can do and honestly, I'm not impressed. I mean, you can't be too strong if Shiori is still alive."

"You'll regret saying that."

"Oh? I'm still waiting to see what you can do-!!!" The fake rolls forward, dodging Dazai's touch.

"Awe man~, I almost had you there. I really wanted to see who's the real face under this ability."

She smirks at him. "Osamu Dazai...yes I learned extensively about you. I would be in serious trouble if you used No Longer Human on me. Though, as long as you can't touch me it won't be too hard going against you. Maybe if I even kill you, he'll give me more than just praise." She grabs her face, smiling. "Anything... I'll do anything for him. Hehehehe~."

"I'm sorry but can you elaborate on who this him is? Is he your boss? ...Is he the one who wants Shiori dead?"

"...Heh heh...hehehehe...hahahahaha! This person is more than just my boss." She pulls a gun out and aims at Dazai. "He's my world~. Just like your Shiori's."

"I see-!! What the...hell?" Dazai suddenly drops to the ground, unable to move. Some dart-like item was sticking out form the back of his neck, paralyzing him.

"Dazai-!!!" Akutagawa and I do the same, hitting the ground as our abilities disappear. I...felt so weak, I couldn't move my body. It felt like all the strength was sucked out of me...but why? We didn't get hit with anything.

"Hmm...she waits till now to use her ability? Even after I told her to do it from the beginning... She just wanted to see me struggle, how mean. And I'm not even the real Shiori." The fake walks up to Dazai and presses the barrel of the gun to his forehead. "Be grateful that I'm gonna kill you with this face still on. At least it'll be the last thing you'll see."

"Wow...how comforting..."

"...I'll send Shiori to you soon after. So, look forward to that."

"Wait!!"

"Don't!!"

*Bang*