Ch.6 ...What Just Happened?

~~~~Katsura's P.O.V.~~~~

The force from the bomb causes me to fly back and fall to the ground. Not believing what just happen, I speak out loud.

"Dying with the girl? Is that really how your story ends?"

Something in the dust suddenly caught my eye.

"What?"

Once the dust clears, it reveals Kunikida and the girl completely unharmed.

"No way..."

~~~~Kunikida's P.O.V.~~~~

"You're unhurt?"

"You should have done your homework better." I inform him.

Hearing footsteps to his right, Katsura turns his head.

Yosano stands there, holding my glasses.

"At the Detective Agency," I begin to explain. "Having a life-threatening wound is the same as being unhurt."

"I come after hearing a familiar stun grenade, and what do I see?"

Yosano tosses me my glasses. I simply catch them and put them on.

"I knew that you'd come to the station to go shopping at this time. I noted in down in my journal."

"Then that stun grenade earlier was a signal to your coworker?" Katsura asks. "But what if she didn't get here in time?"

I pick up my journal. It was a little damaged.

"I told you, didn't I? ...I won't let anyone be killed in front of my eyes."

Katsura lowers his head as the police show up.

~~~~Chuuya's P.O.V.~~~~

I was secretly standing upside-down on the ceiling as I watched the scene from a safe distance. I was talking to Mori through the phone.

"It's nothing, Boss. Looks like it was someone with a grudge against the Detective Agency. That's all."

I hang up the phone.

"If only he'd attacked that idiot Dazai, I could've enjoyed it a little."

I turn and walk away.