Chapter 14

After waking up, I headed to the student council room to convince Manabu that I wasn't needed in the trial today. If he thinks I'm wasting another 3 hours of my time in that room, he must be insane. The school was empty since it was a weekend, and more importantly, no one was following me. I seriously can't believe that girl followed me for a week straight.

After reaching the student council. I saw Manabu there alone, so I walked up and asked.

"Am I needed for the trial today?"

"Don't worry about it, they withdrew it"

Ah, not surprising. Either Class D bribed/threatened them or Class C realized that the trial would be useless no matter what they said. Most likely the first as they withdrew it way too early. Breaking me out of my thoughts, Manabu asked.

"So what are you planning to do about Class D"

This guy puts on a serious face and everything, but in reality, he's still worried about his sister. Maybe, I could get the 20 million private points from him if I agreed to cancel the contract, but the president could also take it as me blackmailing him. Ignoring those thoughts, I decided to answer honestly.

"Probably let them get expelled if I don't receive 20 million private points from anyone. I mean if I really need them for something, then I'll lower the price a bit, but I doubt they'll be able to reach the goal even then."

" *sigh* I'll discuss it with my class and see what I can do"

"...? ah, your sister"

This guy is a true rule model. He's willing to sacrifice 20 million private points and his standing in Class A for his sister. I aspire to be as good as an old brother as him.

Seeing that my business was done, I left Manabu alone and headed towards the library for my appointment with Hyori. I was kinda curious as to what Class D did to get Class C to withdraw their report, but in the end, none of it affected me.

I headed inside the library and sat down in my usual reading spot, the bean bag. I pulled out my phone and my curiosity got the best of me, so I checked my messages. It's just to get rid of that red thing on top of the app, it annoys me.

I saw a message from Kamuro. What the hell does the stalker want now?

[Kamuro: Do not go to your dorm room today.]

The hell? What the hell is going on in my room? The read receipt from me reading it popped up and her message was deleted. Well guess that means, I'm not getting any more information about that from her. I'm more curious as to why she would disobey her boss by sending that. Clearly, the message indicated that her boss or someone else planned to come to my dorm room tonight to discuss something, but she "saved" me by telling me not to come which means she defied her boss. Anyway, that means I'm sleeping on the streets tonight. That's fire...

I saw Hyori arrive at the library, and I waved towards her. She sat down next to me on the bean bag, and we began discussing the book.

"Don't you think this book is a little too romantic?"

"w-w-what, did you not like it?"

This girl is too innocent. First, she tried to spy on me, then she wanted to exchange book recommendations to discuss them, and now she's getting sad over me not liking her book. She was pouting and I was getting looks from other people saying "What did you do to that poor girl," so I quickly responded.

"no no no, it was interesting and I enjoyed the mystery part, but the romance was a bit much"

I recalled my Romeo imitation from yesterday and almost threw up. Yeah, never again. Her expression immediately changed when I mentioned that I liked it, and she responded.