Chapter 36

Unsurprisingly, the information meeting was held in a karaoke room.

Do these guys take anything seriously?

Heading into the crowded karaoke room, I saw around 30 students all sitting down.

Ichinose parted ways with us at the entrance and headed to the front. Kanzaki and I headed towards the corner while the other girl, Amikuro, headed towards the middle.

It seemed like our group was the last to arrive at the meeting as Ichinose spoke as soon as she reached the singing stage.

"Kanzaki, some others, and I have devised a plan for this special exam!"

Guess they're going with the plan from earlier on for the exam.

Immediately after Ichinose's words, most of Class C broke into cheers and applause.

"YEAH ICHINOSE, YOU CAN DO IT!"

"WITH YOU, WE'LL DEFINITELY WIN!"

Did that work last exam?

Also, is there some Ichinose fan club meeting? I thought this was to discuss the special exam.

Once the cheers finally started to die down, Ichinose continued speaking.

"Instead of attempting to ascertain the VIP's identity, we'll take control of the conversation. However, instead of trying to progress the conversation, we'll stall out the time with useless card games! Then, on the last day of the exam, in groups, we are not the VIPs; we'll tell everyone that to achieve outcome 1, everyone should show their phone's emails. That way, people will be pressured into showing their emails, and we can gather the VIP's identity."

Definitely not the worst plan. It's the perfect plan for Ichinose, actually. Taking advantage of Class B's friendliness and nice aura to control the conversation. Then, that control stalls the conversation to ensure no one can identify the VIP. On the last day, pressuring everyone to reveal their emails and then using that to get the VIP's identity.

However, their plan, like Class A's, only works if there is no pattern.

Playing passively during this exam will only result in a loss. The only way to win is to figure out the VIP's pattern. Once Ryuen inevitably figures out the pattern, it's over for both Class B and A.

Maybe Class C is the best class? Based on what I've seen so far, Ryuen outclasses both Katsuragi and Ichinose easily, and it's not even close.

However, I have yet to see the other class A leader, Sakayangi, lead the class in an exam.

Maybe giving Class B a little boost will make this entertaining. At this rate, Class C will completely win this exam.

Sadly, there were no discussions about the identities of the VIPs in class B, and it would be way too suspicious for me to ask randomly.

The rest of the meeting consisted of people asking useless questions and complimenting Ichinose, so I just zoned out.

Seeing Kanzaki do the same thing, I initiated a conversation since he helped me out earlier.

"What do you think of the plan?"

"Actually, I was about to ask you the same thing."

"Won't work; this exam will be won by Class C easily."

Kanzaki seemed visibly surprised by my answer and asked.

"Why do you think so?"

I shrugged my shoulders and responded.

"Playing passively during this exam will only lead to loss."

Kanzaki let out a sigh and said.

"I guess that's all you're telling us."