Chapter 17

At this point, I had already paid 10,000 private points for this meal, and I was only halfway done, so I wasn't willing to abandon the tasty food. The group of Class D was seated near Class A, so none of them could recognize me unless they were specifically looking for me. Still, I didn't let my guard down and continued eating the food, not daring to look upwards and reveal my face.

Surprisingly, everything was going smoothly and the groups communicated amongst themselves, ignoring their surroundings for the most part, so I was able to enjoy the food for the most part. As I finished the food, I silently thanked whatever upper being was watching over me for letting me pay before eating. Preparing to get up, I pushed my hair down to make my face partially hidden and got ready to head out. Covering my face with my phone, I walked towards the door. I could see it, the gates of this hell. My escape!

*RING

The bell rang and the door opened revealing another group of students. It was Ichinose, Amikuro, and some other Class B students.

Was this restaurant some class meeting spot he didn't know about? Also didn't Amikuro just recommend this restaurant to him, so why is she here? I was still somewhat disguised by my hair, so I hoped that they wouldn't recognize me. After all, I've only talked to Ichinose maybe 3 times in the last month.

While the other students were talking amongst each other, Ichinose glanced at me for a second as I was in front of the entrance, so I stepped aside. Ichinose averted her gaze and began to communicate with her classmates again. I made myself a mental reminder to pray to the god of luck when I got home.

This time to relax and enjoy some good food had turned into a roller coaster of emotions due to the multiple classes now inside the restaurant.

I patiently waited for the 10 girls to clear out of the entrance, so I could leave, but it seemed, they were gonna be there until they finished ordering. I didn't want to push through them, so I quietly sat down with my phone. Thankfully Ichinose, being the pure soul she is, cleared out the entrance after I sat down, so I got up and headed towards the entrance.

I saw the door again, but this time I didn't get my hopes up until I was completely out. I reached out to the doorknob and opened it, but instead of being met with the bustling scenery of the mall, I saw a classmate of mine, Himeno.

Why me? Everybody I knew not in the student council was here in this one restaurant. How is a coincidence like this even possible?

Unlike Ichinose, Himeno continued staring at me even after I moved out of the way to allow her to pass. It was uncomfortable being scrutinized by her. I saw a faint sparkle in her eyes, so I realized she recognized me.

I immediately used my hands to form a cross and tried to signal her to be quiet. However, I didn't account for one thing. I assumed that all of Class B were goodies too shoes and nice people, but this girl was different.

She looked me straight in the eyes and exclaimed loud enough for rest of the Class B to hear.

"Oh, is that Hikigaya!"

Here, I thought I was the only person in Class B who lacked morals, but this girl was far worse than me. If I had to rank her, she would be up there with Nagumo. She was pure evil.

Thankfully the other two classes didn't hear, but Ichinose along with the other class B members glanced at me. Normally, I would wave and talk with them to maintain a civil relationship, but after spending 20 minutes hiding, I wasn't willing to risk it all for a simple talk.

I waved my hand and squeezed beside Himeno, who was blocking to entrance, to leave. Exiting the store, I turned around and saw Himeno glaring at me.

Did I do something wrong?