Chapter 32

[A/N: The new Cote fanfiction is out; check my profile, and then go to original works. I chose Yuichi because I wanted to experiment with an evil main character in the classroom of the elite.]

While Ryuen angrily walked up the ship's plank, Class D celebrated and ran around in circles like circus animals.

Seeing that my suspicions about Ayanokoji were confirmed, I exited the deck and headed back toward my coffee bar reading spot. Seeing Class A's performance, I knew that transferring to Class A right now could be a mistake, so I had just wasted 5 million private points for no reason.

It wasn't that bad, though. Having 20 million private points at all times took a lot of stress off my mind, as I now had insurance if I ever were to be expelled for some unknown reason.

As I ordered some tea and began reading my book, I heard some people approaching the bar, which was weird as it was in a relatively obscure location. Turning around, I saw Ryuen and his lackeys approaching me.

Ryuen sat down on the barstool next to me, where his servants stood to the left, giving off an imposing aura.

Waiting for Ryuen to talk would take too long, so I broke the silence.

"Quite the performance during that exam."

"Hah, my performance during the exam was just extra. I already got what I wanted from a contract."

Ah, so he signed a contract with Class A. Since Ryuen was using the 0-points strategy, he must have sold off some of his exam points for private points with a contract.

"So you were Class's mystery supplier."

"Indeed, Katsuragi was desperate for a win to shut down the other faction, so he was quite easy to convince."

Seeing that this conversation didn't end soon, I provoked Ryuen into leaving.

"So, looking for Class D's mastermind, are you?"

"Do you have any idea? I'm willing to pay 100,000 points. I don't like people who get in the way of what I want."

"Where would the fun be if I just told you the mastermind's identity? They say the reward is not the finish line, but the journey you took to reach it."

"PFFT* I guess so."

Ryuen got up from his barstool and prepared to leave. However, a sudden announcement from the school interrupted him.

"Attention, students, We have an important announcement. The second special examination will begin shortly. All first-year students on board will receive an email from the school administration. Please ensure that you read it carefully and follow the instructions."

I wanted to let out a groan, but if I did in front of Ryuen, I think he would actually hit me regardless of any security cameras. That guy spent a whole 5 days on the island alone, and now he's hit with another special exam out of nowhere. Honestly, I felt for him.

Ryuen and I pulled out our phones and checked the email.

[Regarding the Special Test]

Make sure you arrive at your assigned room at the time indicated below. Students who are more than 10 minutes late will be subject to penalties.

Come to room 507 by 6 P.M. today.

------------

Seeing the email, Ryuen left with his posse to make some announcements to his class, so I finally sighed. Thoughtfully, they even added in part about penalties if you didn't show up. Was the student council president targeting me by doing this? I know he has some power over the special exams as he knew about the island, but surely, he wouldn't put that sentence in to target me, right?